Baggio vs. Batistuta

maqroll

Baggio or Batistuta  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have preferred at Villa?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/21 at 11:43

I think Baggio was fantastic but it's Batistuta every day.

Batistuta was one of the most clinical finishers of all time imo. A extremely hard worker who stayed after practice every day to work on his finishing. Read interviews from  players who played with him at Fiorentina and he was a fantastic captain and team player. Larger than life but also humble.

He's one of my all time favorite players.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I bet that sofa has been a nightmare lately in the hot weather. 

I've heard Wezbid can get you 1,000-5,000 dollars per day but you'll have to do an audition on that sofa first.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I've heard Webzid can get you 1,000-5,000 dollars per day but you'll have to do an audition on that sofa first.

Takes the term "Couch to 5k" in a completely different direction! 

aaaaah those names, i used to love sitting down to watch Football Italia on a Sunday in the early/mid 90s, when i was a kid the Italian league was so exotic, with some players who i just dreamed of seeing at Villa :P

• Like 1

When were we ever seriously linked with either?!

All I can remember from that time is Christian Vieri being linked a bit after the Atletico Madrid cup games but he then moved for a world record fee a year later so was never realistic.

IIRC Gregory wanted Alan Shearer after Yorke left but Dublin was more realistic signing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

IIRC Gregory wanted Alan Shearer after Yorke left but Dublin was more realistic signing.

We'd started that season well, maybe top of the league with out English team (plus Bosnich) and I remember picking up a newspaper one day in Brum City Centre and on the back page was a report that Gregory wanted to bring in Shearer, Sutton and Batty to strengthen us. 

I nearly jizzed in my C & A trousers! 

We ended up with Merson, Dublin, Steve Watson and Steve Stone later in the season, so not too bad!

Â