Derby County

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it could be a lot worse.  If they could get away with 6 I think they'll have done brilliant.

Rooney's doing a good job tbf in an utter shambles.

Bit of a stretch - Rooney is doing alright whilst the club is a mess.  They've only won 1 game this season.  If that carries on, they'll be in trouble.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bit of a stretch - Rooney is doing alright whilst the club is a mess.  They've only won 1 game this season.  If that carries on, they'll be in trouble.

They've released pretty much everyone. Had to resign Davies. They've had to sign Jagielka and Morrison on a free. Richard Stearman and Baldock.

Players weren't getting paid. Anybody on a wage is gone.They didn't have enough senior pros to field  team.

I think it's done a good job in the circumstances to stabilise the club and be even off the bottom of the table.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Feel bad for Wycombe - the league has dragged their feet and allowed the club to stay up instead of imposing punishments earlier. Amazing how the league continues to allow such bad owners. 

I thought Derby were cleared and the league subsequently appealed? I don’t think they’ve particularly dragged their feet. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Our play off final against them was a real sliding door moment for them wasn't it. 

Done them a favour, they would only have broken their own record point total when they went back down the year after.

Thank God Leeds bottled that semi final because Im not so sure we’d have got the job done against them.

Could see the East Midlands derby being played in League One next season.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I thought FFP was going to help against things like this. If the proper owner test was real it might have.

FFP would help against things like this if the clubs complied with FFP. Derby didn't comply with FFP and got themselves into a mess. The embargo and points deduction is just the penalty for breaking the rules. However, there is an argument to say that the penalties just cause more damage to the club but if the bottom line is that they cheated over the last number of years and this impacted the other clubs that were relegated. Like for us, the play off final was huge as the PL cash would have solved their problems

28 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Done them a favour, they would only have broken their own record point total when they went back down the year after.

Even if they broke their own points total they would have got about 130m+ and a minimum of 2 years parachute payments. They would probably be back in the Championship now but with money in the bank and clear of FFP concerns. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Even if they broke their own points total they would have got about 130m+ and a minimum of 2 years parachute payments. They would probably be back in the Championship now but with money in the bank and clear of FFP concerns. 

yeah it's slightly different from fulham doing us a favour. that defeat exposed problems behind the scenes and we potentially would've been worse off as a result

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

yeah it's slightly different from fulham doing us a favour. that defeat exposed problems behind the scenes and we potentially would've been worse off as a result

Absolutely, and the big problem was the lack of cash. If we had beaten Fulham then I doubt very much NSWE would have bought us. Xia would have hung on with the PL cash and Bruce would have played Bruceball and considered finishing 17th as a superb season. He would have bought old players with no resale value and had two expensive loan players. Christ! it sends shivers down my spine just writing this

41 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Absolutely, and the big problem was the lack of cash. If we had beaten Fulham then I doubt very much NSWE would have bought us. Xia would have hung on with the PL cash and Bruce would have played Bruceball and considered finishing 17th as a superb season. He would have bought old players with no resale value and had two expensive loan players. Christ! it sends shivers down my spine just writing this

Yeah, the Fulham play off final was a sliding doors moment for us too.   

There was probably yet another door sliding somewhere else too where NSWE were not about/not ready and we basically went out of business or were bought by another charlatan who had enough to keep us a float and stagnate in the lower leagues for years. 

Mel Morris spent money he didn't have to buy their way into the Prem and it has now backfired on them. They were already relegation candidates and this will only make them more so. Ton of games left obviously but will be hard for them not to get relegated

Edited by Big Salad

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Mel Morris spent money he didn't have to buy their way into the Prem and it has now backfired on them. They were already relegation candidates and this will only make them more so. Ton of games left obviously but will be hard for them not to get relegated

So did we. 

We got out of jail with NSWE. Oh could have so easily been us. 

Same as Forest. 

Same as Sheffield Weds (Bruce). 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There was probably yet another door sliding somewhere else too where NSWE were not about/not ready and we basically went out of business or were bought by another charlatan who had enough to keep us a float and stagnate in the lower leagues for years. 

I don't think NSWE would have bought us if we were in the PL. The bought us a few hours before defaulting on a tax bill and going into administration soon after losing the playoff final. That is when AVFC was at its most vulnerable and at a very low valuation considering the assets that were up for grabs. That is not NSWE having a love for Villa, that is NSWE having an eye for a bargain

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

So did we. 

We got out of jail with NSWE. Oh could have so easily been us. 

Same as Forest. 

Same as Sheffield Weds (Bruce). 

Yep that's true pal. We are lucky to have the owners we have now no doubt.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

Â