Derby County

MaVilla

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Rooney is thick as pig shit, he’s been played by a couple of “15mins of fame” slags 

Never came across the brightest whenever I've seen him on Television.

Never saw a manager in him. Still don't.

He was extremely fortunate to keep them up last season.

Mad to think we went into that play off final with them having Mount, Tomori and Harry Wilson all starting and largely outplayed them for 80 minutes. Just a case they didn't go up, good quality loans ran out and over last two years team just got worse and worse and now it's in a desperate state.

As someone said in the other thread this was very close to happening to us after losing the 2018 final. Would've certainly been a similar trajectory imo.

• Like 1

I just cannot fathom why Derby brought him in as a massively overpaid washed up player then gave him the managers job with zero experience. I don't think even Xia would have been that daft. 

They are almost unable to put out a first team first 11 but are probably paying Rooney more than them combined.  Madness, utter madness. 

You would hope he's eye-wateringly rich enough to walk away from them and give them a break before they expire but you know he won't. 

Derby have been a car crash for a few years. Rooney as their manager is a symptom of their problems, not the cause.

They have pissed money on below par players and now have no squad, an owner who (understandably) wants to cut funding and no ability to sign players even if the money is available. 

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not a great look. Derby could be a bit of a car crash this season.

Just need Robert Maxwell to come out of the grave and steal everyone's pensions again.

Pun intended? 

Derby's entire squad currently.....yikes (13 players).

Two of whom are injured, Bielik (torn knee ligament), Knight (out for 3 months with ankle injury due to Rooney's tackle in training).

11 players left this summer (released or decided to not renew contract).

image.png.bc00c7a07e7248674470b87769b75a89.png

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Derby's entire squad currently.....yikes (13 players).

Two of whom are injured, Bielik (torn knee ligament), Knight (out for 3 months with ankle injury due to Rooney's tackle in training).

11 players left this summer (released or decided to not renew contract).

image.png.bc00c7a07e7248674470b87769b75a89.png

Most of all I feel for the fans.

This could have been us had not NSWE saved the club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Most of all I feel for the fans.

This could have been us had not NSWE saved the club.

I was thinking the exact same thing. If we hadn't been bailed out by NSWE I think we'd have been in a very similar situation

On 27/07/2021 at 11:23, villalad21 said:

Garbage human being.

Got a wife and kids and everything

On 27/07/2021 at 12:36, ender4 said:

Apparently he’s ‘contacted’ the police with a claim of attempted blackmail 🤷‍♂️

He got played like a fiddle. Ballsy to put it down to blackmail given the images are leaked, it has long since been compromised. He may be staring down the barrel of wasting police time. He's got a tribe of sons back at home, chronic behaviour.

That said, it has given those of us with a little Adobe access some great food for thought.

It was ....... WAYNE ROONEY!

cscsscs.png.abafd67750727e4d292f91b89f15d8e7.png

On 27/07/2021 at 21:38, sidcow said:

I just cannot fathom why Derby brought him in as a massively overpaid washed up player then gave him the managers job with zero experience. I don't think even Xia would have been that daft. 

They are almost unable to put out a first team first 11 but are probably paying Rooney more than them combined.  Madness, utter madness. 

You would hope he's eye-wateringly rich enough to walk away from them and give them a break before they expire but you know he won't. 

Wasn’t there something about an American company paying some of Rooneys salary as part of a sponsorship deal?   Or did I completely dream that up?

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Wasn’t there something about an American company paying some of Rooneys salary as part of a sponsorship deal?   Or did I completely dream that up?

You are right, he was given number 32 and RED32 payed for his wages 

On 27/07/2021 at 21:38, sidcow said:

I just cannot fathom why Derby brought him in as a massively overpaid washed up player.

Pretty sure 32Red paid for him to  come that's why he wore 32. Probably gave him the manager's job cos he was already under contract so they didn't have to pay someone else. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Pretty sure 32Red paid for him to  come that's why he wore 32. Probably gave him the manager's job cos he was already under contract so they didn't have to pay someone else. 

Yes, it’s funded by the sponsor as a marketing stunt.

Wayne must really dislike being at home all day to put himself through it. He certainly doesn’t need the money.

Â