tickets

chappy

Apologies for reviving an old thread but there’s no Watford away forum yet. Mods please move this if better.

I’ve seen some interesting debate on Twitter following the announcement of criteria for tickets for the Watford game (allocation 2.2k)

I agree that there needs to be loyalty for the fans that go week in week out away from home but think there needs to be some tickets held back to go to a ballot of some kind so that others get the chance to build up their own away booking history. I’ve had a decent one in the past but if you let it slide for whatever reason, it seems like it’s a bit of a closed shop at the moment. Interested to hear viewpoint of people on both sides; those struggling to get away tickets and those who have the required booking history.

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Apologies for reviving an old thread but there’s no Watford away forum yet. Mods please move this if better.

I’ve seen some interesting debate on Twitter following the announcement of criteria for tickets for the Watford game (allocation 2.2k)

I agree that there needs to be loyalty for the fans that go week in week out away from home but think there needs to be some tickets held back to go to a ballot of some kind so that others get the chance to build up their own away booking history. I’ve had a decent one in the past but if you let it slide for whatever reason, it seems like it’s a bit of a closed shop at the moment. Interested to hear viewpoint of people on both sides; those struggling to get away tickets and those who have the required booking history.

I see what you're saying and kind of agree, but isnt it a bit like the season ticket situation. Those that had season tickets in the championship are now able to watch us doing well in the premier league. And those now showing interest or new fans need to join a waiting list.

If we have that 2.5k core of away fans that went to Arsenal, Man U, Spurs away etc for years when we lost every game, and then Barnsley and Rotherham etc midweek away in the championship, I wouldn't then as someone who hadn't been away much expect to get away tickets next season at Watford, Everton, Spurs etc. Thats for them. I dont see how a ballot system would work in terms of building up a history, because if you put 500 or 1000 to ballot as part of a 2.5k allocation, those with a decent history dont get tickets allocated. Makes it even more of a closed shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chappy said:

they did in the prem season pre covid. 50 tickets (i think) went into a ballot, you entered via lions rewards or whatever it is.

furthermore, each game over c.2,500 allocation had around 40-50 go to all season ticket holders (couple of hundred that chelsea midweek game) so if you're on the ball at 5pm when all ST holders are eligible you could get one for a lot of games. to put into context, i was a new ST holder that season, and got 10 away tickets...which aint bad going considering the season was cut short. i think it was only watford, spurs, and wolves i couldnt get one. if you are not successful, keep checking, they get returns. got one for norwich a few days before the match.

you could also join a local lions club who get a couple of hundred away tickets across all the clubs nationwide for each match. how the clubs then distribute within is up to them but it's supposed to be fair. as long as the individual has their own ref number then they can be allocated one.

from the other side's perspective, i know fans that havent missed a game home or away in some years. loyalty definitely should count for something IMO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Sounds like ... if I came over to Blighty end of August for a holiday ... getting to see a Villa match seems unlikely.

I suspect you'd need to buy a membership to get close to getting a ticket for that part of the season.

12 hours ago, chappy said:

Oops, I created them ages ago and hadn't made them visible. I'm surprised no-one told me.

On 23/07/2021 at 23:03, Stratvillan said:

I'd agree. How do you build up a history if you can't buy tickets? I buy them when I can, and go 2_3 away games a year this is never enough for access usually. 

And some that have got the history maintain their monopoly by buying for games they don't intend to attend and selling them on.

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

And some that have got the history maintain their monopoly by buying for games they don't intend to attend and selling them on.

villa did clamp down on this in that first season back in the PL by randomly selecting a couple of hundred per away that had to be collected in person with photo ID required

Allocation: 2,292

Adults £30, O65 £22, Full Time Student £18, U19 £10

On sale dates:
Season Ticket Holders with 12+ Away League 19-20 - Online from 5pm, 26 July - Phone from 10am, 27 July
Season Ticket Holders with 10+ Away League 19-20 - Online from 5pm, 28 July - Phone from 10am, 29 July 
Season Ticket Holders with 8+ Away League 19-20 - Online from 5pm, 30 July - Phone from 10am, 2 August 
Season Ticket Holders with 4+ Away League 19-20 - Online from 5pm, 3 August - Phone from 10am, 4 August 
Season Ticket Holders - Online from 5pm, 5 August – Phone from 10am, 6 August
Members - Online from 5pm, 9 August - Phone from 10am, 10 August
General Sale - Online from 5pm, 11 August – Phone from 10am 12 August

2 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Got myself 2 tickets - sadly I gotta drive, anyone know best place to park for match day my at Vicarage Road? 

watford junction station car park maybe?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

so i have 10, my mate has 9...do i risk waiting till friday 5pm to get 2 together is the big question?

You’ll get 1 anyone with 12+ & 8+ will get a ticket 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Got myself 2 tickets - sadly I gotta drive, anyone know best place to park for match day my at Vicarage Road? 

There's a school about a 10 minute walk away - that’s where I’ve parked before.

However as it’s my first away game since the 4-0 drubbing on a wet night in Leicester I’m letting the train take the strain🍻

UTV

4 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

There's a school about a 10 minute walk away - that’s where I’ve parked before.

However as it’s my first away game since the 4-0 drubbing on a wet night in Leicester I’m letting the train take the strain🍻

UTV

What’s the name of the school pal? Easy to get out afterwards?

5 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

What’s the name of the school pal? Easy to get out afterwards?

The Grammar School and yes pretty straightforward to get back on the road. Would suggest getting there at least an hour or more before ko as it fills up quickly. 

Â