Every Villa scorer, in order (updated to end of 2022/23 season)

BOF

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Great work @BOF

Just a quick one though - I always thought Platt scored 68 for us - going 5, 15, 24 and 24 in his 3.5 years. Did he have goals chalked off or do we perhaps not count Zenith Data Systems/Simod Cup goals?

Just curious. 

I'll check when I'm back in work :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Great work @BOF

Just a quick one though - I always thought Platt scored 68 for us - going 5, 15, 24 and 24 in his 3.5 years. Did he have goals chalked off or do we perhaps not count Zenith Data Systems/Simod Cup goals?

Just curious. 

In my "dodgy spreadsheet" I have Platt on 64 goals also.

50 league goals, 2 FA Cup goals, 10 League Cup goals and 2 UEFA Cup goals.

Edited by Hornso

Great work as always BOF. I keep records myself and know it takes some doing to update them!

On a side note, last season we had a record number of goalscorers in a single season (18). This season, despite Tammy being the main goal getter, we managed to be one short of that. 

Also, in regard to Platty - we got to the regional final of the Zenith Data Systems Cup in 1990, so I assume he would have scored plenty in that. That should be the difference in the two figures.

On 02/06/2019 at 12:54, BOF said:

I'll check when I'm back in work :)

Platt got 1 in a 6-0 win vs the scum in the Simod Cup in 88/89

Feasible he got 3 in the Zenith Data Systems Cup in 89/90 (he defo scored against Leeds)

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Platt got 1 in a 6-0 win vs the scum in the Simod Cup in 88/89

Feasible he got 3 in the Zenith Data Systems Cup in 89/90 (he defo scored against Leeds)

The ZDS/Simod cup competition is not included in the official totals, as it was a voluntary competition amongst the top 2 leagues.  It'd be almost akin to including the Peace Cup.

In fact reading my OP, it literally mentions the ZDS in the top paragraph :) 

• Like 1

That’s a long list. Not a villa player to score over 100 goals for such a long time,  Gary shaw and Brian little would have smashed it but for injuries. Ray Graydon not bad considering he was a winger and there was no 4-3-3 in his day it was 4-4-2 then 

• 4 weeks later...

Great list.

Villa did a social media post a few weeks back asking everyone to post their best Villa 5-a-side team (including ex players).

I was amazed at how many picked Juan Pablo as the striker. I mean come on, he was good, but Dwight Yorke was a level above him IMO. That bloke was ridiculously good for us at times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 00:10, PaulC said:

That’s a long list. Not a villa player to score over 100 goals for such a long time,  Gary shaw and Brian little would have smashed it but for injuries. Ray Graydon not bad considering he was a winger and there was no 4-3-3 in his day it was 4-4-2 then 

Ray graydon had a very  sophisticated plan in his armoury......He worked the back post.

such a progressive discipline.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are lists showing different things - the "one" you're looking at it is in the "number of seasons scored in" list.

Oh right. I see that now.

This is a really impressive list. It must've taken a lot of effort.

• 7 months later...

Nice work as ever @BOF

When you did this, did you have a sense of which player has been Villa top scorer the most often?

By that I mean, Ollie would now have one golden boot, Tammy would be on one, Dean Saunders would be on three..

I promise I’m not trying to make more work for you! It’s partly prompted by the conversation years ago about Dublin being a more consistent scorer to Angel’s one great season, one dud season I just read.

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Nice work as ever @BOF

When you did this, did you have a sense of which player has been Villa top scorer the most often?

By that I mean, Ollie would now have one golden boot, Tammy would be on one, Dean Saunders would be on three..

I promise I’m not trying to make more work for you! It’s partly prompted by the conversation years ago about Dublin being a more consistent scorer to Angel’s one great season, one dud season I just read.

Ooh ya bugger :) I did a quick lookup on them and I can see that record goes to Harry Hampton who was Villa's top scorer for 8 of the 11 seasons he scored in. The 3 he didn't quite reach top scorer were 1905/06 when Jack Grealish's great great grandfather Billy Garraty scored 21 goals to his 20, and in 1908/09 and 1909/10 when Joe Bache beat him both seasons with 25 v 19 and 11 v 9.

• Like 1