Every Villa scorer, in order (updated to end of 2022/23 season)

BOF

Cheers BOF - yes my comments were only meant to add to a fascinating piece of work - not be critical as you have obviously realised.

Well my Grandad could have got it wrong or (more likely) I have got it wrong :oops:

I remember his Villa tales so well - his other favourites were the famous Gibson, Talbot and Tait(sp). I think he lived not far from Harry Hampton and he had some story about him winning a piano !! for some feat on the pitch and they couldnt get it in to his house.

How times change!

I was at school with a kid who stood in the Holte and was hit by a Harry Bang Bang freekick or shot. It struck him and either knocked him out or knocked him back and he cracked his head quite badly. Harry visited him at his house in Great Barr when he heard about it. Pretty good i think.

Great piece again by you.

I started it on April 26th although it was a very on-off type thing. If you include creating a spreadsheet, entering the data (mammoth task), checking the data, re-checking the data, querying discrepancies with Jörgen, modifying it to include scoring season ranges, adding first names & nicknames and final re-checking to iron out differences (some of which still exist) I'd say it took between 60-70 solid hours of work, although it's hard to be accurate with that.

Ivo Stass

Ivo Stas never even played for Villa let alone score for us. He scored an own goal for us as a Banik Ostrava player in a 2-1 Villa UEFA Cup win on 3rd October 1990 but that'll be in as one of the many own goals that have benefitted us :)

EDIT : Oops, apologies, I see now you were providing the answer to the question you had just asked :thumb:

I started it on April 26th although it was a very on-off type thing. If you include creating a spreadsheet, entering the data (mammoth task), checking the data, re-checking the data, querying discrepancies with Jörgen, modifying it to include scoring season ranges, adding first names & nicknames and final re-checking to iron out differences (some of which still exist) I'd say it took between 60-70 solid hours of work, although it's hard to be accurate with that.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

Great list! I used to work in a fishmongers in Erdington and my boss was very good friends with Jimmy Macewan, number 80 in the Villa goalscoring list! He was a cracking old Scottish fella with a great sense of humour. I remember Kent Neilsen coming into the shop regularly to buy stuff and Jimmy telling him how he used to play down the wing for the Villa, it was good to see the old timer talking with one of the new breed of player at that time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...