Every Villa scorer, in order (updated to end of 2022/23 season)

BOF

I've just realised that where there are ties you've arranged them chronologically.

It's the little details :nod:

This may be a bad time to ask, but I wonder if there are any clubs for whom OG is their top scorer?

There is an obvious response to that question :P

Only a matter of time before we get there given the amount of time players stay at clubs these days.... :o

...Gabby to bust our current record by 2016 8) Could do it with 32 goals per season

Quite impressive that Platt managed to score from midfield that JP did up front in many more seasons.

Thank you Brian, there's an awful lot of work in that list.

How on earth does a player get a nickname like "Dai Fungus"?

Ridgewell scored more than Crouch. :lol:

Well Trevor Hockey was Welsh and had a big horrible beard like uncle Albert, if that ain't why then I haven't got a clue.

I've just realised that where there are ties you've arranged them chronologically.

Some inaccuracies though. Sorry to piss on your chips but Kenny Swain didn't leave Villa in 1980.

Some inaccuracies though. Sorry to piss on your chips but Kenny Swain didn't leave Villa in 1980.

Scoring years not playing years. I'm off to find pictures of Dai Fungus!

34 Angel, Juan Pablo (2000/07) 62

38 Dublin, Dion (1998/04) 59

This confuses me immensly! Dion is classed as a Holte End legend and Juan is about a 50/50 split! Yet they both scored nearly the same amount of goals in similar lengths of time!

The pitfalls of not reading the top post Jas ;)

34 Angel, Juan Pablo (2000/07) 62

38 Dublin, Dion (1998/04) 59

This confuses me immensly! Dion is classed as a Holte End legend and Juan is about a 50/50 split! Yet they both scored nearly the same amount of goals in similar lengths of time!

I think the scoring pattern has a lot to do with it. Dublin was always reliable and his goals scored from 98/99-03/04 read as follows 11-15-9-6-15-3 whereas Angels from 00/01-06/07 are as follows 1-16-3-23-9-3-7 or to put it another way, up and down like a whores drawers. So people are as likely to remember Angel misfiring as they are to remember him scoring, whereas Dublin was pretty much always doing well enough. And JPA had 1 more season. Anyhoo, I agree it's slightly strange but that's my take on it.

Yeah Jasper definitely has one of the best names on the sheet :) 40 league goals in 57 league games and 5 cup goals in 5 cup games. Not bad at all.

Yorkes total is very impressive. He didn't get in the team until the end of the 94/95 season. Lets lay off him a bit. David Platts 64 from midfield in only 4 seasons is even more impressive. I didn't realise Angel had as many as 62 in 6 seasons, 10 a season and he hardly played in 00/01. Finally Joachim and vassell scored the same amount, Joachim was consideded to be crap, who only had pace, but Vassell a great player deserving of his England place from 2002-2005.

Yorkes total is very impressive. He didn't get in the team until the end of the 94/95 season. Lets lay off him a bit.

You'd be surprised. He scored 16 goals in the 91/92 season ! And going into the 94/95 season he already had 28 goals for the club (and added 8 that season).