Every Villa scorer, in order (updated to end of 2022/23 season)

BOF

2 hours ago, troon_villan said:

That was some season for Gareth Barry

:lol: That's a formatting issue :crylaugh: The second number obviously refers to 2009 ... ?

• Haha 1

Nice Stats BOF.

I see you've added Jedinak's play-off goal to the tally. I too keep a record, but have chosen to not count the play-off games. Each to their own, unless the play-offs count as official games. Do they count as official games?

Anyway, another stat for the 2017-18 season is that we've had 18 different scorers throughout the league & cup games, which is a record number (previous best was 17 in 2011-12). So is using 38 different players throughout the season (basically through playing the kids the league cup).

2 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Nice Stats BOF.

I see you've added Jedinak's play-off goal to the tally. I too keep a record, but have chosen to not count the play-off games. Each to their own, unless the play-offs count as official games. Do they count as official games?

They do.  They're competitive so they count.

14 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Nice Stats BOF.

Anyway, another stat for the 2017-18 season is that we've had 18 different scorers throughout the league & cup games, which is a record number (previous best was 17 in 2011-12). So is using 38 different players throughout the season (basically through playing the kids the league cup).

The play offs are just an extension of the domestic season really. 

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2008 at 20:56, one_ian_taylor said:

...Gabby to bust our current record by 2016 ? Could do it with 32 goals per season

Just had a look at this thread from the start. Crumbs...............

Edited by Unused Sub
Spelling
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

They do.  They're competitive so they count.

Someone should have told Steve Bruce this on Saturday.......

Anyway, I have broken down the league scorers into the number of goals scored against each club (list of clubs at the top and players names going down the side).

However after converting it to a jpeg file its 2347x10247 pixels and is huge! So if it of any use to you, just shout and I'll fire it across somehow (just remember I'm not overly good with computers!) 

Holy moly.  I don't need it myself thanks, but I'd say it would be of interest so we could link to it from here and maybe host it online somewhere?

• 11 months later...

We also became the team to score the most goals registered as 'other' in one season with 3 - B*llocks Belly Back

Abraham against Forrest

Hause against Forrest

El Ghazi against Derby

• Like 1

Great work @BOF

Just a quick one though - I always thought Platt scored 68 for us - going 5, 15, 24 and 24 in his 3.5 years. Did he have goals chalked off or do we perhaps not count Zenith Data Systems/Simod Cup goals?

Just curious. 

On 30/05/2019 at 10:06, Villadevon said:

I'm guessing only his mom would call Willie Anderson 'William'

Great work.👍

My Dad was on trial at Villa and provided an assist to Willie Anderson in a behind closed doors match. 

Tenuous link there! :) 

• Like 1