Every Villa scorer, in order (updated to end of 2022/23 season)

BOF

I'm puzzled - didn't Luc Nilis score just the one goal for Villa?

Never mind........I didnt think the Inter Scroto was going to be included

Todays random Villa fact is below.

Harry Hampton scored five goals on 5th October 1912 as Villa hammered Sheffield Wednesday 10-0 at Villa Park. Harold Halse had given Villa the lead in the third minute and both Clem Stephenson and Joe Bache hit a brace. Hampton was the first Villa player to score five goals in a league match, while Halse, Len Capewell, George Brown and Gerry Hitchens later equalled the feat. This remains the Owls' record league defeat.

Hampton, Halse, Stephenson & Bache. What an amazing list of greats to score in the one match. Oh to have anything like that today :)

We could do with signing somebody like this Own Goals bloke during the summer.

As I seem to recall he was a Welsh international and was prolific at every club he played for.

Also, he’s the only player in the top ten I’ve seen in action.

brilliant effort BOF. great read, never knew joachim and vassell had scored so many and 43 for tayls too good number that! gary "fluff" charles?!

paul marcellus elliot - best middle name of the lot, a proper roman one that :lol:

although many of the greatest names are the oldies, nice to see a couple of doctors in the list!

intrigued by who just "Young" is at 158 though I haven't read all of the thread yet so im sure it's been spotted already!

Jimmy Dugdale sounds like quite a character - name rings a bell too - did he pass on about a year ago?

Very interesting piece of work - excellent !

However..... My Grandad was a Villa fan (born and bred in Lozells) which is where I got it from. Harry Hampton was his favourite player and I thought he was known as'dashing' Harry Hampton?

Now Harry Burrows I saw play and I think he was called 'Harry bang-bang'

Just trying to be helpful.

Hi Veloman, thanks for the interest. All comments and feedback are welcome so keep it coming . Many of the players on the list had more than 1 nickname. I tried to take the 'most interesting' one for all of them. I can't see 'Dashing' as one of Hampton's but that's not to say he wasn't known by it either - my sources wont have 100% of all info. And regarding Burrows, it's entirely possible that he was known as 'Bang-Bang' aswell as 'The Blast' as they wouldn't be too dissimilar as a nick :)

If you've any more info then fire away.