Olympics Football 2021

Phil Silvers

Goalkeepers get away with absolute murder.

Jumps into the air, completely misses the ball, absolutely clatters the player. Foul in favour of the keeper.

Any other player jumps in to win the ball like that and it's reckless/dangerous.

Spain GK Simon absolutely clatters Cunha in a aerial duel. He might have gotten the faintest touches on the ball but should be a pen.

And it is after a VAR check. Good.

It's pretty sad how little attention this is getting. Just you and me talking about it here. The Reddit match thread has 70 odd comments, less than a bunch of treads for club friendlies.

It's not been a bad game, but almost nobody actually cares about this tournament, only being broadtcast on Eurosport 2 isn't exactly helping

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's pretty sad how little attention this is getting. Just you and me talking about it here. The Reddit match thread has 70 odd comments, less than a bunch of treads for club friendlies.

It's not been a bad game, but almost nobody actually cares about this tournament, only being broadtcast on Eurosport 2 isn't exactly helping

Yeah it's low profile sadly. Both teams are stupidly talented. 

Had Spain as favorites but Brazil probably deserve to be ahead.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm watching it. Just prefer to read fans' comments rather than try and comment (which I am useless at).

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm surprised Spain have Olmo and Pedri playing after the Euros. 2 of their better performers could be absolutely knackered by the World Cup.

Unai Simón as well. Then again Luiz, Richarlison and possible some more played for Brazil in the Copa America.

Stunning goal there for Spain.

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Afternoon full of gold medal athletics events 🙃

Â