Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

Seen quite a bit of him and have always been underwhelmed by him. He isn’t going to improve our midfield that much imo and we would have to massively over pay for him. It’s annoying that we seem to be getting most positions correct but midfield is still our biggest problem and this kid isn’t solving it. 

Edited by WHY

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we do sign Cantwell it will be interesting to see how much Norwich fleece us for him.

Only 1 year left on his contract, hope we don't pay much at all.

I know nothing about him but most seem underwhelmed. There seems some concern about his character too. Is this drivel from people who have never watched him and largely based on newspaper nonesense? 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Poor man's Grealish

Steer away.

Get your head away from this " Grealish replacement " mentality. Your not gonna bring in another player that plays like Jack Grealish. That's just the reality. Looking through an honest lens though, Villa are so poor without Grealish. It brings into focus the depth and quality we need to bring in throughout the team. Not just Grealish. Cantwell is a good talent. I wouldn't mind him at all. We need to improve the squad all over.

• Like 2

I can’t pretend to have seen Cantwell much outside of the times Villa have played Norwich and the Buendia highlights videos. He has some spectacular moments and it seems he can dribble and pass well, but he’s far behind Buendia in terms of goal contributions. He only played 30 games last season, scoring 6 and 6 assists. Not amazing stats, was he injured? 

I’m not against the signing, I trust our scouts, but it doesn’t excite me. 

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I know a cpl of norwich fans, they can’t stand him and hope to see the back of him, hope we aint in for him

Ah, right. I'm warming to him now. 

• Like 1

Â