Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

Just a discussion point but where do people see him and Buendia playing?

I had Buendia RW, Grealish LW, especially with us chasing a No10. The Bailey signing, chuffed as I am we’re getting him, makes me scratch my head a bit. 

"if" Grealish stays, i think:

Grealish - Buendia - Bailey.

The good thing is tho, they can rotate in game, Grealish can go central, Buendia right, Bailey left, switch back, gonna be very fluid.

The reason i would choose Buendia centrally, is he works his a** off, so he can be a creative spark but also help out the other midfield 2 with tracking, pressing and harrying etc, but tbh, i would be happy with him right side also, lol.

tbh, i can see any of the following within games (ie: fluidity and rotation):

Grealish - Buendia - Bailey

Bailey - Grealish - Buendia

Bailey - Buendia - Grealish

the fluidity is gonna be sexy as hell.

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I had Buendia RW, Grealish LW, especially with us chasing a No10. The Bailey signing, chuffed as I am we’re getting him, makes me scratch my head a bit. 

Buendia played free role 10 dropping deep in Walsall game no?

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think the World Cup qualifiers for Jamaica are gonna be a problem for us with regard to bailey playing for Villa.

For Jamaica's WC qualifying games, its 3 games between 2nd and 8th Sept, 3 games between 10th and 13th Oct, 2 games between the 27th and 30th Jan, 2 games between 12th and 16th Nov, 1 game in Feb, 3 games between 24th and 30th march.

thats 14 Games for Jamaica during the 21/22 season, where he may not be playing for Villa......i dread to think how many Villa games he will miss.

Bugger. That is a good point. 

good job we have Bertie too - who I really rate. Love the unpredictability we have up top. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Grealish - Buendia - Bailey.

That was what I was thinking but the ESR bid would have had us

Grealish - ESR - Buendia

Is Buendia’s switch inside and the Bailey purchase due to us missing out on ESR?

Personally I think Buendia is a better No10 than ESR anyway so can understand us moving him inside if Bailey came available and ESR was a no go. 

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

That was what I was thinking but the ESR bid would have had us

Grealish - ESR - Buendia

Is Buendia’s switch inside and the Bailey purchase due to us missing out on ESR?

Personally I think Buendia is a better No10 than ESR anyway so can understand us moving him inside if Bailey came available and ESR was a no go. 

not really i dont think (Buendia being a possible 10 cus we didnt get ESR), Buendia can play CAM or RW, even when Buendia plays RW he spends as much time central as out wide.

i think its just options, Bailey can play LW or RW, Grealish can play LW/RW/CAM, Buendia can play CAM/RW, its just options and fluidity....nice problem to have!

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think, Buendia can play CAM or RW

For a minute then I thought you were saying you thought Buendia can’t play CAM or RW and I was like whhhhaaaaaaatttttttttttt???????

Then I noticed the comma! 😊

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, burchy said:

Buendia LW, Grealish CAM, Bailey RW. 

Buendia likes to drift inside and centrally (lots of excellent highlights from the left for Norwich) and Smith likes players to be able to cut in and shoot, and Watkins likes to drift left. So we need someone to stretch the defence out right. Grealish should play in the middle because we play much better as a team like that.

Personally I think the order is more of a formality as we will rotate throughout the game but Jack has to be central for me to put his mark on the game. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

@Kiwivillanhow you feeling about this? We’ve now spent 78m on two players that primarily play on the right side of a front 3. How your boy Traore fitting in? 

Oh no you mean we have options off the bench. Traore had surgery recently so he's probably not ready for season start. Buendia will play free role 10 based on Walsall game I think and Bailey played more than double games for Bayer on left than right so good can play across 3 positions. If Grealish were to leave I'd rather Bailey on the left than AEG

• Like 1

I presume our first Jamaican  international to play for the Villa?  Useless I have had a total memory failure. I think Grabban had Jamaican heritage but hasn't played for them.

Yorke was Trinidad and Tobago. And JPA from Colombia which is stretching it a bit.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I presume our first Jamaican  international to play for the Villa?  Useless I have had a total memory failure. I think Grabban had Jamaican heritage but hasn't played for them.

Yorke was Trinidad and Tobago. And JPA from Colombia which is stretching it a bit.

Was Simon Dawkins an international when played here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think the World Cup qualifiers for Jamaica are gonna be a problem for us with regard to bailey playing for Villa.

For Jamaica's WC qualifying games, its 3 games between 2nd and 8th Sept, 3 games between 10th and 13th Oct, 2 games between the 27th and 30th Jan, 2 games between 12th and 16th Nov, 1 game in Feb, 3 games between 24th and 30th march.

thats 14 Games for Jamaica during the 21/22 season, where he may not be playing for Villa......i dread to think how many Villa games he will miss.

Some of those will be scheduled international breaks so it won't be as bad as you think. 

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Checking PL wiki by nationality Darren Byfield and Simon Dawkins both born UK but played for Jamaica

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

This is arguably our most exciting signing in years (also excited by Buendia tbf). Shame it’s been overshadowed by the Grealish saga

Not for me. I am loving this window! 

As for where he plays, it seems he fits in perfectly. Part of a front line that can rotate on either flank (he is very two footed). He will rotate wings while jack and beundia rotate in the center.

I also suspect we will be adding a real 4-3-3 this season with only one sitter and two attacking insteda of our usual two sitters 4231. In that case jack and beundia will play more centrally and Bailey is joined by another attacker like El Ghazi, / Bertie in the 433.

Anyways its going to be a LOT of fun finding out!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't believe we've signed him and Buendia. We just level up every year.

It really is a sensational signing! The club are not messing about, its very clear these owners mean it when they say they want European football. They are investing to make it happen!

• Like 1

Thought this was interesting, all bailey's touches etc versus Stuttgart in during a game in Feb 2021, i think he's going to fit right in with Grealish & Buendia.

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't believe we've signed him and Buendia. We just level up every year.

ye, Buendia & Bailey is mind blowing, its seriously FM type nonsense lol, probably the best transfer window (so far), for a good 15-20 years.

(Young wasnt a bad acquisition either)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Â