Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes he is. Take your negativity somewhere else ya dirty Leeds word removed.

What is your tipple tonight my friend

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A little bit of everything. Should probably call it a night shouldn’t i?  I still stand by what I said to my mate villalad. 

Good man, crack on 👏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A little bit of everything. Should probably call it a night shouldn’t i?  I still stand by what I said to my mate villalad. 

Yeah call it a night. How about New Years Eve? Crack on!

transport yourselves back 2 years.

If someone said that in July 2021, our front 4 would be Grealish, Buendia, Bailey & Watkins........you would have asked them what drugs they were taking!

(lets hope Jacky noy stays ofc)

Edited by MaVilla

45 minutes ago, burchy said:

Leon Bailey Stats  FBref.com.png

44 minutes ago, burchy said:

Jadon Sancho Stats  FBref.com.png

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks but I’m drunk. Can you tell me if it’s better or not? 

Basically in terms of offensive output:

Bailey is a much better goal scorer. He outperforms his xG by about 30%. Sancho on the other hand outperforms his xG by about 12%.

In terms of assists Sanchos teammates are incredibly prolific outperforming his expected assists by about 2/3. This likely means a lot of his assists won't translate as he won't have the incredible talents of Reus, Haaland and Gurreiro on the end of his passes. Bailey also outperformed his expected assist but only by about 20%.

Bailey produces more expected goals and assists per 90 than Sancho on top of his already better finishing. Their build up play Sancho is superior but I imagine part of that is down to the sides they play in. Dortmund are much more likely to dominate a game than leverkusen are. Say Liverpool to Everton as a comparison. This results in Sancho having the ball way more which allows him to attempt loads of passes. We will see whether he maintains that at a team more content to let the opposition attack like united. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is arguably our most exciting signing in years (also excited by Buendia tbf). Shame it’s been overshadowed by the Grealish saga

Buendia and Bailey is gonna be absolute filth. 

The Prem ain't ready 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is arguably our most exciting signing in years (also excited by Buendia tbf). Shame it’s been overshadowed by the Grealish saga

ye i think Bailey & Buendia are our most exciting signings in the last 10-15 years.

• Like 2

i think the World Cup qualifiers for Jamaica are gonna be a problem for us with regard to bailey playing for Villa.

For Jamaica's WC qualifying games, its 3 games between 2nd and 8th Sept, 3 games between 10th and 13th Oct, 2 games between the 27th and 30th Jan, 2 games between 12th and 16th Nov, 1 game in Feb, 3 games between 24th and 30th march.

thats 14 Games for Jamaica during the 21/22 season, where he may not be playing for Villa......i dread to think how many Villa games he will miss.

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Buendia and Bailey is gonna be absolute filth. 

The Prem ain't ready 

I think Watkins will smash it as well this year too. Just need that other fella as well, what’s his name now, think I’m seen it mentioned on Twitter once or twice the last few days 🤣

Just a discussion point but where do people see him and Buendia playing?

I had Buendia RW, Grealish LW, especially with us chasing a No10. The Bailey signing, chuffed as I am we’re getting him, makes me scratch my head a bit. 

Â