Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Some comments from the Leverkusen forum:

Hopefully there will be a premium on the 35 million for our best scorrer. Otherwise they knock out huge sums of money for players who can only walk halfway straight ahead.
If you want to have breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen!
In sporting terms, of course, a relegation - I hope, in his interest, he has agreed a low release clause. I don't think he wants to be in the championship in 2024. Mr Bailey will not take part in a European Cup match for the next few years. Mam can also go straight to Qatar or China.

It will be difficult to replace him - I hope the sum is completely reinvested.

PS Of course, it could have been worse in terms of sport - at least not at Arsenal.

But it's awesome that it didn't even turn out to be at least Tottenham or Everton. Aston Villa is such a blatant descent from a sporting point of view. From a club with CL ambitions to Aston Villa ... shows how important the Bundesliga is. He really wants to draw attention to himself in the Premier League for other top clubs in England.
  • Haha 4

This is such a huge signing yet I can't help but feel it's lost some excitement cos Jack - but that's fine, when we line up with Buendia and Bailey we will be romantically nourished alright. 

I’m so unbelievably stoked for this. Quality player and one of the few players abroad I’ve actually seen. I remember him catching my eye in a few games. 

As a Villa fan based in the Caribbean I’m hoping this will make my job of recruiting more Villa fans easier.

Away shirt with Bailey on the back this season!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Some comments from the Leverkusen forum:

Hopefully there will be a premium on the 35 million for our best scorrer. Otherwise they knock out huge sums of money for players who can only walk halfway straight ahead.
If you want to have breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen!
In sporting terms, of course, a relegation - I hope, in his interest, he has agreed a low release clause. I don't think he wants to be in the championship in 2024. Mr Bailey will not take part in a European Cup match for the next few years. Mam can also go straight to Qatar or China.

It will be difficult to replace him - I hope the sum is completely reinvested.

PS Of course, it could have been worse in terms of sport - at least not at Arsenal.

But it's awesome that it didn't even turn out to be at least Tottenham or Everton. Aston Villa is such a blatant descent from a sporting point of view. From a club with CL ambitions to Aston Villa ... shows how important the Bundesliga is. He really wants to draw attention to himself in the Premier League for other top clubs in England.

Feed me their salty tears! I love it!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

one thing to note that isnt mentioned.....Bailey likes to take free kicks....and actually scores a few......

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Â