Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I know absolutely nothing about this fella but reading some of the comments on here, I’m excited.

Hopefully a couple more new faces before the Watford game and we’ll all feel a bit more positive. 

I've never seen him play but ever since I've read descriptions of the type of player that he is I've wished that he would join us, and juding by his pedigree this is perhaps the biggest signing we've made since Bent in terms of stature of player.

Kind of surprise we've announced it now, thought they might have waited until Grealish had left to distract from that bad news if it happens.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

This has Lange's fingerprints all over it. Every player he buys he aims to increase their sale value, if and when that player is ever sold down the line. I would still say Traore was a punt and he was not in the Lyon team every week. We've gone in and got a week in week out starter for historically a top 4-5 bundesliga club, at 23 years of age. Our trajectory is definetely upward. I'll caveat it by saying this, owners will be watching Smith from day one. You've to be ruthless in business. The fall off from last season will of been acknowledged and not ignored.

Sanson and Bailey combined probably cost less than Arsenal paid for Ben White

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Fantastic news. 

Also think this shows Jack is off, we don't normally announce things before they're done. Think we needed some positive news out there. 

In fairness to your point, I don’t think it’s the most outlandish thing to suggest that with the meltdown taking place elsewhere, the club might feel very eager to put out some good news as soon as possible to pacify those who are unhappy.

Might not be that and I hope I/we’re wrong, but it wouldn’t be the most “out there” move by the club.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

This signing gives me Carew vibes tbh.

Proven player from one of top 5 leagues and done well in europa. We need another 2-3 of those signings in next 12 months regardless of what happens with Jack so hopefully it's the start as for team that has finished 11th this is a big coup.

Interested how long before he's involved. Just played in Gold cup so would guess he's now on holiday but then Bundesliga finished early so he's probably already had 5 weeks off between early May and middle of June.

Edited by VillaChris

Â