Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

That's a fantastic signing. Well done to all at Villa. We are making incremental step ups in the quality of player we are signing each summer. We could of afforded Bailey 2 summers ago but wouldn't have had a hope of landing him.  No downside to it. He'll score goals. He'll create more chances for Watkins.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Interesting that according to the press that Man City and Villa have reached an agreement, City are unable to send a similar Tweet out...

interesting point. wonder if it's trolling them because we don't normally announce fee agreements do we?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be fair even if that reads traore - buendia - bailey it's a big improvement on el ghazi - barkley - traore from last season

great signing. i was worried we werent getting this one done

In Bailey and Traore we have genuine pace on both flanks. Not sure the last time we had that 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Time to come clean. My brother told me about this two weeks ago. Hence I've been dropping hints in the thread. They had a new client and he asked me who's Bailey from Germany as they had a delivery at BMH for him.

Obviously medical (obviously) and personal terms (not really)  pending. 

Fantastic fantastic signing. @JAMAICAN-VILLAN said he's going to buy everyone a slap up meal or a drink. Yay!

That's nothing. My brother told me about it 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Actually can't believe we've managed this. He's a player I was enviously watching last season wishing we were a season or so further along so that we could realistically sign a player of his calibre, so that we've done so now is a real statement.

Exactly the type of player we've needed in that area of the pitch to kick us on another level. Here's hoping he can hit the ground running.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

That's a fantastic signing. Well done to all at Villa. We are making incremental step ups in the quality of player we are signing each summer. We could of afforded Bailey 2 summers ago but wouldn't have had a hope of landing him.  No downside to it. He'll score goals. He'll create more chances for Watkins.

He was valued at around £60m -£85m depending on which outlet you believe. In 2 seasons Bailey is going to be classed as world class.

A truly Brilliant signing.

Â