Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

In a perfect world, I think you'd be spot on. However, I don't think they know if he's staying.
They may have contingencies in place should he leave, but they can't properly prepare until this 'saga' is over. Our season is f****** if Grealish leaves. Just like it is if he gets injured. 

The caveat to that is that it's not just Jack's decision to leave. It's the club's decision to actually agree to sell him, assuming an actual bid ever comes in.

The club can control that narrative as much as they wish, so their recruitment plans aren't derailed. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In a perfect world, I think you'd be spot on. However, I don't think they know if he's staying.
They may have contingencies in place should he leave, but they can't properly prepare until this 'saga' is over. Our season is f****** if Grealish leaves. Just like it is if he gets injured. 

Aston Villa hold Grealish’s contract for another 4 years. If we decide we don’t want to sell this summer there is nothing Grealish can do about it. 

I don’t think it would come to that, we will have planned a lot better behind the scenes and know what business we will be doing. Unfortunately fans and the media can only guess at that. 

• Like 4

To add, I think we'd be interested in Bailey irrespective of what happens with Jack. I would assume we plan to spend a decent amount and keep Jack. IF WE agree to sell him, then you would think we'll be spending a decent amount, plus a whole lot more.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

To add, I think we'd be interested in Bailey irrespective of what happens with Jack. I would assume we plan to spend a decent amount and keep Jack. IF WE agree to sell him, then you would think we'll be spending a decent amount, plus a whole lot more.

Right. Bailey makes sense regardless giving us a very capable first choice front 3 with Ollie and Emi. Our keeper is straight out of a Marvel franchise and the starting defence is also very good and doesn’t need changes at the moment. 

Another signing who can cover LF and CF would be great, but the midfield is the critical area to address. Sanson, McGinn and Luiz are probably our first choice at the moment, and improving that is where we should be looking to invest, imo. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Aston Villa hold Grealish’s contract for another 4 years. If we decide we don’t want to sell this summer there is nothing Grealish can do about it. 

I don’t think it would come to that, we will have planned a lot better behind the scenes and know what business we will be doing. Unfortunately fans and the media can only guess at that. 

That is the overriding factor....its our decision as much as it is Jacks.

I can see the attraction at Man City....what I can't see is Jack being an unhappy player staying with us, Jack will never be unhappy at Villa.....disappointment, yes, but he will soon get over that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Bailey isnt a replacement for Barkley, they play in completely different positions.

It’s about playing staff numbers though not just positions, without Barkley we’re an attacker short (and his position could be played by Jack or Buendia, with Bailey able to cover their positions) - you could also argue that he could be in for Trezeguet who will miss almost all the season after being injured.

Edited by theboyangel

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Right. Bailey makes sense regardless giving us a very capable first choice front 3 with Ollie and Emi. Our keeper is straight out of a Marvel franchise and the starting defence is also very good and doesn’t need changes at the moment. 

Another signing who can cover LF and CF would be great, but the midfield is the critical area to address. Sanson, McGinn and Luiz are probably our first choice at the moment, and improving that is where we should be looking to invest, imo. 

I have no idea, How to evaluate Sanson in our squad....just don't know what to think.

Baileys, position is clear.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

It’s about playing staff numbers though not just positions, without Barkley we’re an attacker short (and his position could be played by Jack or Buendia, with Bailey able to cover their positions) - you could also argue that he could be in for Trezeguet who will miss almost all the season after being injured.

Bailey nothing like Barkley was supposed to be. Buendia is what we were hoping from Barkley. I think he'll play free role middle dropping deep like did in Walsall game and has done for Norwich. More #8 than #10

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

at the moment, if anyone was a Barkley replacement it was Buendia, but ofc Buendia can play central or right.

• Like 2

We need this to happen or we're always going to be a beta team.

No more solid-but-unexciting signings. This is the kind of player we need to make progress, and that's the reality of football.

In the last 30 years of my being a Villa fan, we've never broken that star player ceiling in our transfer dealings, but this is the moment to do it.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

We need this to happen or we're always going to be a beta team.

No more solid-but-unexciting signings. This is the kind of player we need to make progress, and that's the reality of football.

In the last 30 years of my being a Villa fan, we've never broken that star player ceiling in our transfer dealings, but this is the moment to do it.

Way to inspirational from a man who’s name is Death.

• Haha 1

Is it me or does this apart from the title only say about the agreement but there's not anything about the personal terms in the rest of the article, is there truth to it all, it is football insider 

Aston Villa 'agree personal terms with Leon Bailey'

Aston Villa have reportedly reached an agreement over personal terms with Jamaican winger Leon Bailey ahead of a summer move from Bayer Leverkusen

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Unless there is a release clause, which it now seems fairly obvious there is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Is it me or does this apart from the title only say about the agreement but there's not anything about the personal terms in the rest of the article, is there truth to it all, it is football insider 

Aston Villa 'agree personal terms with Leon Bailey'

Aston Villa have reportedly reached an agreement over personal terms with Jamaican winger Leon Bailey ahead of a summer move from Bayer Leverkusen

I just got so excited. :(

I will never believe anything Football Insider says.

Â