Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, The_Steve said:

Romano is saying we will bid for Bailey if we lose Grealish. Man knows nothing - pure tap-in merchant 

Agree. We have already bid for him and it was rejected! His own Father has literally said that we are in talks already.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-big-development-as-aston-villa-bid-to-sign-leon-bailey-from-leverkusen/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1627626658

Sources: Big development in Aston Villa bid to sign Leon Bailey

Aston Villa have agreed personal terms with Leon Bailey as they work on a big-money deal to lure him from Bayer Leverkusen, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

we wont pay 45 mill

Yeh, that's £38m. No way we pay that. I think we'll max out at around £30m. 

Club have to really be careful now. They need to be thinking about every eventuality. If Grealish leaves, our season is in tatters and at present, would be a complete write off. Even with Grealish we're missing 1 or 2 first team additions. If he leaves, well, f*** knows. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Club have to really be careful now. They need to be thinking about every eventuality. If Grealish leaves, our season is in tatters and at present, would be a complete write off. Even with Grealish we're missing 1 or 2 first team additions. If he leaves, well, f*** knows. 

I know this has been discussed in the Grealish thread, but there is no way on earth that two seasoned billionaires have not gotten assurances from Jack that he's with us this season before planning our business. 

There is not a chance in hell that they are going to leave the fate of our season (and potentially our next 2 or 3 seasons) on a decision by one player that leaves us having to buy 3/4 players for over 100m+ in two weeks. Just not happening. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I know this has been discussed in the Grealish thread, but there is no way on earth that two seasoned billionaires have not gotten assurances from Jack that he's with us this season before planning our business. 

There is not a chance in hell that they are going to leave the fate of our season (and potentially our next 2 or 3 seasons) on a decision by one player that leaves us having to buy 3/4 players for over 100m+ in two weeks. Just not happening. 

In a perfect world, I think you'd be spot on. However, I don't think they know if he's staying.
They may have contingencies in place should he leave, but they can't properly prepare until this 'saga' is over. Our season is f****** if Grealish leaves. Just like it is if he gets injured. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't see why not.  If we've identified him as the player that we really want, I think we'd up the bid by (up to) £8m, for sure.

Â