Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'm not so sure you know that he should be at a top team. Sure he's great player and has the ability to break into the likes of City, Pool or UTD but does he just walk in with there current right wingers, I don't think he does. Bailey would certainly be a rotated player I think. Question? is he above coming to us, I don't think so we're crawling into that area of player now I believe.

I think we can nab him but we have to be swift and precise,there's no way we can be messing around with top quality players, it's in and out signed up. I know Lange's trying to save penny's but certain transfer require you to flex the cash I think and if Bailey is to come here then we just have to make him a statement signing.

In my opinion i think Villa or Lange should go get this lad and not pussyfoot around at all and show Bailey he's important to our plans.

I'd even sell Ghazi to get abit more funding up, sell Davis also and just say here you are have a nice day. If Bailey signs we won't see much of Ghazi at all I don't think apart from being a sub perhaps. 

Yeah i agree we are stepping back into that elite level after how many decades and its giving me goosebumps thinking about it, I believe he would start more often than not if he was part of those sides and we need to sell him the idea and vision that we are challenging for champions league football (i dare to say it) however we most likely fall short of that but top six aim wont be enough for him so we have to sell him the champions league idea.

El Ghazi i cant say a bad word about him however if we want to progress quickly he cant be involved heavily anymore but i still expect to see him feature here and there and as for Trezeguet its highly unlikely that we see him in the claret and blue ever again imo... scored some important goals for us but he’s nowhere near good enough. KD is certainly not good enough and should be shipped out. Bailey and a Yaya Toure type quality midfielder in the centre of the park would give us a significant push  

There’s so many reasons to like him, but a highlight for me is free kicks/corners. How often in the last few years have we won a crucial free kick, everyone on the edge of their seats, only to see it completely wasted?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That sucks. What happened?

Annnd we've got another injury.

Watching this match so far, it's like Villa on " One of those days " just wearing Black Green and Gold 🤣

Anything that can go wrong is going wrong ffs

I've done some Google's can't find out what's wrong with Bailey.

However commentator just said he's on the bench so I'm very confused.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Annnd we've got another injury.

Watching this match so far, it's like Villa on " One of those days " just wearing Black Green and Gold 🤣

Anything that can go wrong is going wrong ffs

I've done some Google's can't find out what's wrong with Bailey.

However commentator just said he's on the bench so I'm very confused.

I wonder if it's the toe injury flaring up again. Granted, that was the end of May so it's probably unlikely. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hold on, how have I just realised that Daniel Johnson ( Rasta ), used to play for us? Well just remembered, he's doing well for Jamaica here.

Doing some research, we sold him to Preston for £50,000!? Another perfect example of the ineptitude of previous ownership. 

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/analysis/daniel-johnson-has-made-a-mockery-of-aston-villas-50k-decision/

• Sad 1

@Aston_Villan4 as you're the only one interacting.

Our manager is doing a Deano/Southgate ( Re subs ) which is frustrating here.

USA have made 3 - 4 changes. We have a wealth of attacking talent on the bench, and the only change we've made was forced through injury in the first half to a defender ffs. 🤦🏿

Apparently these are his " tactics ".

Defensive.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â