Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Every time someone is injured this is asked, and every time the answer is: no, what benefit would there be to the club in letting the world know just because we are curious?

To be fair, normally there's twitter rumours somebody has a worse injury than is being discussed. So I always kind of understand the club ignoring it.

This time the club's mouthpiece in local news is saying our new star player is effectively out for the season when the club and player said he was subbed precautionally with a tight muscle. I'd hope they address it.

If they don't then as usual it'll likely just mean the worst is true as it was every time Grealish was injured.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Bailey is great and potentially our best outfield player, but these injuries are a major concern.

Now a doubt to face Man U which is effing annoying as I think he would cause them all ends of problems. 

Still not started a game for us and we need him healthy if we're to have a successful season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

To be fair, normally there's twitter rumours somebody has a worse injury than is being discussed. So I always kind of understand the club ignoring it.

This time the club's mouthpiece in local news is saying our new star player is effectively out for the season when the club and player said he was subbed precautionally with a tight muscle. I'd hope they address it.

If they don't then as usual it'll likely just mean the worst is true as it was every time Grealish was injured.

which club mouthpiece has said he's out for the season???????

I think when it comes to mind games and the 'will he won't he start', that is fine when a player is fairly close to returning, we don't want to show our hand to the opposition. But if a player is going to be out longer, then i would hope the club would address that.

The main issue is even if a club think they are able to withhold this type of information it leaks online regardless.

I am utterly sick of looking forward to seeing a player feature on a weekend, only to find out that player is utterly crocked via Twitter either hours or even days before the game.

Also it's pointless the club downplaying an injury when the worst case scenario 90% of the time seems to happen and the information leaks anyway.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Huh? Where has this come from? I can't find anything like this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I’d highly doubt he’s ruptured his quad. I’m no doctor, but have torn a quad before and there’s no way he walks off that pitch unaided last Saturday with a ruptured quad.

Edited by Woody1000

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ruptured his quad apparently. If that's true it'll be a few months before we see him again

I don't believe that. He wouldn't been able to walk off it the way he did. Preece has said it on twitter yesterday and then wrote an article this morning saying he may be out for up to 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I don't believe that. He wouldn't been able to walk off it the way he did. Preece has said it on twitter yesterday and then wrote an article this morning saying he may be out for up to 3 weeks.

Ah I was going off his tweet. He seems like a bit of a bellend so wouldn't surprise me if he just doesn't know what ruptured means

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Apparently he has been seen around the bull ring too so hopefully not to serious. We all know how tiring walking around shopping is. Especially if with your other half. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah I was going off his tweet. He seems like a bit of a bellend so wouldn't surprise me if he just doesn't know what ruptured means

I mean fair enough if its true but given his track record I very much doubt it.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently he has been seen around the bull ring too so hopefully not to serious. We all know how tiring walking around shopping is. Especially if with your other half. 

There's also a vid of him partying last night I think. 

If the quadriceps tendon gets a small tear, walking and other activities become more difficult. A large tear is disabling and usually requires surgery to reattach the tendon and physical therapy to strengthen the muscles and improve function.

A quadriceps tendon rupture is an uncommon injury that typically requires surgical treatment. Without an intact quadriceps tendon, straightening the knee and walking normally can be difficult. During surgery, the tendon is reattached to the top of the kneecap bone.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

This "we don't want to show our hand to the opposition so we aren't giving you the update on any injuries" is absolute nonsense. 

It makes no difference to most decent teams with good managers - we saw that last season when Leicester set up to play us with Grealish and still comfortably beat us when he didn't play.  The team sheet comes out an hour before kick off - the opposition can easily adjust.  

I'd rather the club just made a comment on the injury - most others seem to manage it but we are particularly secretive it seems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, claretman said:

This "we don't want to show our hand to the opposition so we aren't giving you the update on any injuries" is absolute nonsense. 

It makes no difference to most decent teams with good managers - we saw that last season when Leicester set up to play us with Grealish and still comfortably beat us when he didn't play.  The team sheet comes out an hour before kick off - the opposition can easily adjust.  

I'd rather the club just made a comment on the injury - most others seem to manage it but we are particularly secretive it seems.

leicester knew grealish wasn't going to be playing, as did everyone else

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

muscle, not tendon?

I doubt it's either tbh. He'll miss United, and be back for Spurs.

When I Google " ruptured quadriceps " these are what come up. Seems a " ruptured quadricep " involves the tension etc. As opposed to say a strained muscle or pull etc.

Then again I don't know, and hoping it's neither, but he didn't seem to be in any real pain, so you never know.

Â