Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Saturday didn't change my view that we need a lot of time to gel, and that this season is not about progressing from last, but about consolidating and finding ourselves again. If that's what you're referring to Chris?

Nah you long for the championship from what I remember last season.😉 So was just an irony post about that. Would take one 3-0 win over Everton compared to ten 3-0 wins over Rotherham or Bolton as well that's what we've been doing for much of our history.

We will finish much higher than 15th-17th anyway as already we've coped o.k with quite a difficult list of injuries and absent players. That's still to hit a few teams around us.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, Adman said:

I've heard that he's going to be out for a while. Gutted

Really really frustrating if that's true. Was hoping given he knows his own body better than anyone him saying he didn't think things were too bad was an o.k sign.

Would be good weapon on counter attack v Man. United and potential match winner v Spurs.

Think how well we do this season relies on how often we get him on the pitch as I rate his quality way higher than Buendia in how he can impact in the bigger games we play this season.

Edit: Hope it dosen't play out like Barkley. Pulled up v Brighton in middle of November and then wasn't seen again until late January even though DS said he'd be back for xmas fixtures. Bailey out for something like two months would slow our progress big time.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, claretman said:

I can't stop watching that.  There's a very brief silence as the ball leaves his foot before the explosion of noise.  Absolutely superb.

In music, it is known as a glottal stop.  That fraction of a second between "go on" and "YES" is one of my favourite things about football.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In music, it is known as a glottal stop.  That fraction of a second between "go on" and "YES" is one of my favourite things about football.

Not trying to lower the standard of the conversation but it is like that moment between when you are about to cum and when you actually throw your load. Bliss 😀

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

i'm confused as they say his first assist i thought he pass to McGinn goal on his debut too? 1.55mins

yet stats still show him 1 assist. (should be two)

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/327682/Show/Leon-Bailey

I think they don't count the Digne own goal as an assist which makes no sense to me.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think they don't count the Digne own goal as an assist which makes no sense to me.

That’s insane, it should be his goal anyway it was going in. A shot on target from anywhere else on the pitch other than the corner flag and it gets called a goal no matter how significant the deflection

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That’s insane, it should be his goal anyway it was going in. A shot on target from anywhere else on the pitch other than the corner flag and it gets called a goal no matter how significant the deflection

Forget even that.

He provided assist for McGinn at Watford in the 70th.

They just haven't done any due diligence. 

Edit: Just realised you already covered this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â