Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

21 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Edit - Actually, I think it was Daniel Mann for the Everton game too, I've had a bit of a mare there.

So, Dan The Mann then?

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We sound like the type of bloke who is so insecure, that we actually end up turning off the birds that actually love us.

The relationship just ends up being miserable because you're constantly dwelling on negative scenarios.

We are 5 games into the PL season, and he's played about 100 minutes if that, and we're already planning our grieving process ffs.

We have no idea where we'll be in a couple of years.

Either we are up there together, with him as a hero, or we get a truck tonne of cash.

Either scenario will mean he has ripped it up.

Played 84 minutes. We've scored 5 goals with him on the pitch. 3 without him. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Played 84 minutes. We've scored 5 goals with him on the pitch. 2 without him. 

That's very interesting indeed.

It would appear that, even indirectly, he draws so much attention, it frees up space for others.

Main difference this season, bring that we have an abundance of other players who can capitalise on it.

I know he’s being managed, but we need to play him, he a starter. The thought of him, the guile and industry of Buendia coupled with Watkins and Ings is sensational. As long as they get through the pressing and defensive side of things there is no reason to think we can’t play all of them on most occasions.

Some of Butler's comments on Instagram and his self promotion in general are a bit cringey, but I watched something of him last night where he's analysing the performance of the Jamaica coach. While I didn't agree with everything he says, he does seem to have a good understanding of the game.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You never know with @AVTuco....hopefully yesterday has convinced him we'd done enough to rise up to giddy heights of 16th in May which should be enough to finish above Spurs, Everton and Newcastle this season.😉

Saturday didn't change my view that we need a lot of time to gel, and that this season is not about progressing from last, but about consolidating and finding ourselves again. If that's what you're referring to Chris?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Some of Butler's comments on Instagram and his self promotion in general are a bit cringey, but I watched something of him last night where he's analysing the performance of the Jamaica coach. While I didn't agree with everything he says, he does seem to have a good understanding of the game.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread mate, his football knowledge is spot on.

Jamaica implemented some of what he suggested in the follow up game, and we were MUCH better.

Many would actually love hi, to be involved in the national setup.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It would appear that, even indirectly, he draws so much attention, it frees up space for others.

Surely this is a screw up by Smith and Lange. We managed to get rid of the focus on one outstanding player and the fools have gone and replaced him with another outstanding player to take all the focus of a game. Okay, we got Emi B, Ings, Tuanzebe and Ash and pocketed about 5m but you have to question the strategy of repeating the same mistake. Smith and Lange out 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Was that in the pub or a reliable source? Not good if correct

Apologies, someone I know who works with the club sometimes hears bits and bobs.  And this is a Bob, hopefully not accurate

• Sad 2

Â