Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's worse is that @DaveAV1 genuinely agreed with @AVTuco sarcastic post. lol

EDIT: Was everybody actually being sarcastic, and i'm the fool here?

I feel done up. 

I’ve not been here for a few days, took up fishing. So in my defence I’m not match fit. Still he would make a hell of an impact sub. Imagine being so good that he couldn’t make the first 11. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Annoying though that he will not be allowed to do everything he wants here, the game is now engineered completely to allow all the money to stay at the top. 

From the scum12 to uefa to fifa to the leagues to the media, its mangled.

Sky will be trying to sell Leon January.

Fear not Phil, the club that started the league will at some point, somehow save the league. The Corinthian spirit will be restored and the mighty Villa will return to the very top of the pile, lords of all we survey. 

Was just on his Instagram, I never realised he was actually getting stick from fans, for posting his highlights last week, in what they quote on there as an " embarassing team loss " to Chelsea.

They say it was distasteful of him to post personal highlights amid an " embarassing loss ". I had to respond to a few of them, saying that I can guarantee none of them watched the match, and only saw the scoreline. As it was the furthest thing from " embarassing ".

Ironically, seems to be mostly Jamaican fans as well 🤦🏿

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anyone seen the commentary of the goal with :

" Leon Bailey! Announces his arrival, in front of the Holte End, at Villa Park! This famous football Cathedral, have a team worthy of the stage again, a team to be proud of, they are showing their class! " 

*Shudders!

Gave me goosebumps that, not even because of Bailey, because of the roar, the commentators ode and the reminder of who the f*CK we are!

I've missed these nights!

Wish I could share the video from Facebook. Probs been shared already but man! 🔥😍

Me and my eldest watched it at least a dozen times yesterday, we now quote it word for word, very much the same a Rigo's WM commentary for Hutton's goal against Small Heath 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Me and my eldest watched it at least a dozen times yesterday, we now quote it word for word, very much the same a Rigo's WM commentary for Hutton's goal against Small Heath 

The Holte End Rises for the man they call...

Whoever that bloke is, he's the best commentator SKY have by a mile. When you compare him to Martin Tyler, he's much, much better.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Who is the commentator?

A Villa fan? Or just a PROPER football man?

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who is the commentator?

A Villa fan? Or just a PROPER football man?

Grant Holt?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gary Weaver and Daniel Mann are the same bloke I’m sure of it. Both very good at what they do, but Gary is a little more poetic. This has to be his work. 

I just looked it up and realised it was Daniel Mann for the playoff final not Gary Weaver, they sound nearly identical to each other!

Edit - Actually, I think it was Daniel Mann for the Everton game too, I've had a bit of a mare there.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

27 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Gary Weaver I think his name is, he's the same commentator from the Playoff Final that said "the fallen giants are back on their feet!" at the final whistle, he's Sky's best commentator by far.

Well, if you're watching your team win he is. But that kind of commentary can be annoying if you're watching your team losing. In essence, it's kind of big game commentating and suits the occasion, but if it's a 1-1 bore draw in a fairly low key game, it just feels out of place - kind of "And the Hornets sting the Clarets with venom and a last minute point at Turf Moor, to keep them 14th place in the table"

As for Leon Bailey, I don't want to be a misery, but I think some of the commentary around his play on Saturday was a bit more based on hope and potential than actual achievement. Don't get me wrong a cracking goal and an assist in 20 minutes play was tremendous and he's clearly a fine player...but I've not seen enough yet to say "yeah, he's gonna consistently tear up the Prem" - I mean wingers are often a bit inconsistent - brilliant one game, ordinary the next. But I do like him and hope he is able to get and hold his place on merit.

• Like 2

Â