Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The embracing of Bailey was unbelieveable after his corner......if he doesn't feel welcome at B6 after that, no one ever will.

They was all over him, like a rash, I thought they was going to squeeze him....great to see such camaraderie.

Funny thing is, we haven’t even seen the best of our best player yet. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

My sarcasm doesn't really work, does it... he's obviously going to be a starter... but he would be a great guy to bring on later on like we did yesterday too.

Not in this instance. I thought you'd gone crazy tbh 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

From what we’ve seen of the lad so far, I know that isn’t very much in terms of minutes on the pitch, I’d say he’s better than both Trez  and AEG by quite some way. 

Nonsense, have you seen some of the shit Trez can do?

There are very few players who are so advanced in mind that they often actually beat THEMSELVES.

When you've mastered yourself, you've conquered all, and all that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Lucky Leon....So what is he in the meantime??? Soft drinks manager ffs!

Gimme strength. One of the most sought after and coveted players to come from Germany given time will be good enough to be a sub??? Never read such nonsense. 

54 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

My sarcasm doesn't really work, does it... he's obviously going to be a starter... but he would be a great guy to bring on later on like we did yesterday too.

What's worse is that @DaveAV1 genuinely agreed with @AVTuco sarcastic post. lol

EDIT: Was everybody actually being sarcastic, and i'm the fool here?

I feel done up. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We're ready this time though. Butler made it clear from the start that he wants to push into Europe with or without us, preferably with us.

I know what you’re saying, it’s just a really big ask for us to progress that much. If I’m not wrong then Butler specifically said CL football which is a massive ask for us.

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I know what you’re saying, it’s just a really big ask for us to progress that much. If I’m not wrong then Butler specifically said CL football which is a massive ask for us.

Couldn't care less. His job is to play football for avfc, If he plays well and villa benefit on the pitch, as well as a big profit off the pitch, job done. 10 more of them please, that's how we progress as a team.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Couldn't care less. His job is to play football for avfc, If he plays well and villa benefit on the pitch, as well as a big profit off the pitch, job done. 10 more of them please, that's how we progress as a team.

It was a bit tongue in cheek about the breaking of hearts, but good for you.

17 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

This guys going to break our hearts isn’t he?

Different, he doesn't have claret and blue blood, it won't hurt as much.

Annoying though that he will not be allowed to do everything he wants here, the game is now engineered completely to allow all the money to stay at the top. 

From the scum12 to uefa to fifa to the leagues to the media, its mangled.

Sky will be trying to sell Leon January.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Different, he doesn't have claret and blue blood, it won't hurt as much.

Annoying though that he will not be allowed to do everything he wants here, the game is now engineered completely to allow all the money to stay at the top. 

From the scum12 to uefa to fifa to the leagues to the media, its mangled.

Sky will be trying to sell Leon January.

You’re not wrong Phil.

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek about the breaking of hearts, but good for you.

Fair enough, but point still stands, if our best player who's a boyhood villa fan will leave, I hold no hope for any of the rest of them, and I actually prefer if they're all in such demand, it means we're moving in the right direction.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We sound like the type of bloke who is so insecure, that we actually end up turning off the birds that actually love us.

The relationship just ends up being miserable because you're constantly dwelling on negative scenarios.

We are 5 games into the PL season, and he's played about 100 minutes if that, and we're already planning our grieving process ffs.

We have no idea where we'll be in a couple of years.

This is so true. Reading some of the comments you'd think he was already shagging another club behind our back. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We sound like the type of bloke who is so insecure, that we actually end up turning off the birds that actually love us.

The relationship just ends up being miserable because you're constantly dwelling on negative scenarios.

We are 5 games into the PL season, and he's played about 100 minutes if that, and we're already planning our grieving process ffs.

We have no idea where we'll be in a couple of years.

with any luck pal, he could be the turning point that changes our fortunes and the establishment have to put up with us sitting at the top table every year from now on.

• Thanks 1

Â