Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

When fit he's going to be starting more games not - so don't see a problem.

First thing first - does he have the ability ? (Yes)

If (and its a massive if) there are problems with managing guy we can deal with it down the line.

Think the whole thing is 3 parts of nothing though - indeed the rumour mill at the time of signing was that he could be half arsed and not 100% er !!!!! - not seen much evidence of that !!!

28 minutes ago, villanmac said:

He just blurted it out tbf 😄 no problem with it myself, there was no criticism of the manager, it was just away of saying hes come to the club to play (which we know) and was frustrated at not being able play (which we want).

I like Old Craig but hes no politician and  will be taken out of context easily enough. I agree that the weekly 'whats going on in Mr Butler' s head' doesnt need a weekly update in here. For the record hes been very complimentary about the club, the coach, the academy and Lange.... in fact all he has said is good things since Bailey joined! 

Yeah it's if he starts becoming critical of Dean/Club I'll start to worry personally.

Man needs a PR coach 🤦🏿

48 minutes ago, av1 said:

You’ve watched him more than most mate so why is this a worry for you? Obviously he came to the club on the back of a injury and hurt himself yesterday, but is his injury record a particular concern? 

Purely speaking from recent experience mate, and knowing that alot of explosive players tend to get pulls etc quite often.

I've admitted before in the thread, that I really hadn't seen too much of him before the last.couple.of years.

I knew of the hype, watched some highlights and a couple of the German games every now and then. Also, always signed him on FIFA Career mode for us for years, because... Duh. Lol. Also never thought for a second we ever had any chance of signing him over the years, sadly.

Also haven't gotten to catch too many of the Jamaican games until recently because the time difference for me is a real commitment.

A poster did pull me up on this concern recently, to point out that he actually played 30 odd plus games consistently for Leverkusen I think.

So hopefully, it's just a phase where he is going through some niggles, and he will be fine as his body adapts and gets stronger as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anything you've seen from Leon's attitude so far, suggest to you, that he is this egotistical character some fans seems to have created all on their own, due to seemingly being annoyed by Butler?

Nope, none at all. Which is why it feels important that he doesn’t allow somebody else to speak for him. We all know how fickle football supporters can be. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Stop talking about you know who.

Bailey is levels about someone like Trez or El Ghazi, that's how you improve the first 11 and we've done it. Just need to get him starting every week.

From what we’ve seen of the lad so far, I know that isn’t very much in terms of minutes on the pitch, I’d say he’s better than both Trez  and AEG by quite some way. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

From what we’ve seen of the lad so far, I know that isn’t very much in terms of minutes on the pitch, I’d say he’s better than both Trez  and AEG by quite some way. 

Welcome back pal.

I think he will be in the team of the season and we're 2 more superstar performances away from scum sky trying to sell him for us already.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I think that given time Leon will be good enough to be an impact sub for us.

I was just thinking something similar. Whether he’ll be happy with the roll or not I’m not so sure. If he keeps knocking out 20 minutes like yesterday he probably won’t be too concerned. 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I think that given time Leon will be good enough to be an impact sub for us.

Lucky Leon....So what is he in the meantime??? Soft drinks manager ffs!

Gimme strength. One of the most sought after and coveted players to come from Germany given time will be good enough to be a sub??? Never read such nonsense. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Gimme strength. One of the most sought after and coveted players to come from Germany given time will be good enough to be a sub??? Never read such nonsense. 

My sarcasm doesn't really work, does it... he's obviously going to be a starter... but he would be a great guy to bring on later on like we did yesterday too.

Edited by AVTuco

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This is absolutely tragic. 
he’s being sarcastic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Been same at likes of Walsall. I know it's a lower level but he obviously puts the time in really looking at characters of players we want to sign and seen in last decade it's not an easy thing to do.

What I love about someone like Bailey coming in is he has the mentality and swagger of wanting to really win, look at how he was demanding the ball as soon as he came on yesterday. Key is always having a good squad of people and 2-3 players who really lift standards and drive players on so Bailey, Mings and Martinez are three of those and would be good to sign a couple more in next few windows. Not just content to finish 8th-9th but want to play in europe and win trophies.

That will finally be how we push on as a club to the mythical next level.

The embracing of Bailey was unbelieveable after his corner......if he doesn't feel welcome at B6 after that, no one ever will.

They was all over him, like a rash, I thought they was going to squeeze him....great to see such camaraderie.

• Like 1

Â