Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Thing is the instant he received that long ball from Ings - I instantly thought 'goal'  - even though he had plenty to do you just new he was going to score .

Leon was pissed at the poor pass from Ings

.... " if he realise how fast I am he puts even more fade and pace on the pass and I can hit it 1st time and harder"

True story.

46 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Big big statement here. I am incredibly excited by Bailey - think he will be an absolute monster for us. To say he can be better that Grealish is a bit of a reach though - Grealish is likely in our top 5 ever players. 

Agree but Leon is already up to our 6th best.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this lad can be better than Grealish. But to be fair they are different players. 

It won't be popular opinion, and bias aside, I think his ceiling is higher.

He has the:

- Pace ( superior )

- Skill ( Level at minimum IMO )

- Ability to beat a man ( Level at minimum )

- Shooting power ( superior )

- Set pieces ( Superior )

- Intelligence. ( Unsure, but Level maybe? )

My main worry is  him staying fit so his development continues on track.

As you point out, different players though, Jack is more of a glider, Leon is more explosive.

• Like 4

Totally different. Grealish could do things with a ball at his feet I've never seen another Vila player do, and I don't expect Bailey will match up on that front. Grealish doesn't score that goal though. His tendency to slow down the play is one thing I absolutely won't miss.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know Butler annoys some people, but here is some perspective. The man has kinda earned the right to be immensely proud and outspoken.

FB_IMG_1632046994737.jpg

No doubting the man is a great person , the poor guy is also fighting cancer at the moment he told us on previous stream,

but coming online and suggesting Leon is unhappy and villa made promises when we signed him that we are breaking , I can't see how this will benefit Leon's time here,

Leon himself has been struggling with his fitness since he arrived and still is,

the club seem to be trying to keep up good relationship with butler and is great to see butler's academy now playing at home in the villa kit that that the club has sent out their,

15 minutes ago, pete101 said:

but coming online and suggesting Leon is unhappy and villa made promises when we signed him that we are breaking , I can't see how this will benefit Leon's time here,

Does anyone know the actual quote here before I start laying in to the guy?

Regardless, I wish he would let Leon speak for himself. And I hope Leon appreciates that no one player of bigger than the club. 

21 minutes ago, pete101 said:

No doubting the man is a great person , the poor guy is also fighting cancer at the moment he told us on previous stream,

Leon himself has been struggling with his fitness since he arrived and still is,

the club seem to be trying to keep up good relationship with butler and is great to see butler's academy now playing at home in the villa kit that that the club has sent out their,

Wow, well I haven't seen this, when did that happen??!!!

26 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I'm not sure that's exactly right. He said Leon was frustrated about not playing more, and Butler told him to make an impact that cannot be ignored when he gets the chance. All players like to play as much as possible, being frustrated about not playing isn't necessarily the same as being unhappy.

Unless you're referring to a different quote that I haven't seen?

8 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I'm not sure that's exactly right. He said Leon was frustrated about not playing more, and Butler told him to make an impact that cannot be ignored when he gets the chance. All players like to play as much as possible, being frustrated about not playing isn't necessarily the same as being unhappy.

Unless you're referring to a different quote that I haven't seen?

I thought as much 🤦🏿

I've seen some dramatic and out of context spins on quotes from him before.

Personally, I think people can pull WHAT they want from things, if they want.

If he really did say that, I'd be shocked, and say Leon needs to tell him to chill out, but I couldn't see him going to that extent.

If he did though, it's not good.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Does anyone know the actual quote here before I start laying in to the guy?

Regardless, I wish he would let Leon speak for himself. And I hope Leon appreciates that no one player of bigger than the club. 

Has anything you've seen from Leon's attitude so far, suggest to you, that he is this egotistical character some fans seems to have created all on their own, due to seemingly being annoyed by Butler?

• Like 1

Context is everything. Nothing wrong with a player being hungry to play, being unhappy that he isn't and that further spurring him into making an impact when he gets his chance. It's what you want if anything. 

Saying that, I like Butler and his story but there's probably room for him to not be so open. Showing Lange's texts and anything along those lines is a bit much for me, but I'm not complaining really considering the level of player his son is.

Amidst explaining that Leon was unhappy he was on the bench, Butler made the comment that one of the reasons for signing for Villa was because he'd get to start games, that was it. Nothing about promises. Cant post the link atm but i remember it being dead on the hour mark if anyone wants to watch it. 

9 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Amidst explaining that Leon was unhappy he was on the bench, Butler made the comment that one of the reasons for signing for Villa was because he'd get to start games, that was it. Nothing about promises. Cant post the link atm but i remember it being dead on the hour mark if anyone wants to watch it. 

I might have to tune into his next live and ask him what he thinks about him being injured after 21 minutes then? Lol

Anyway, I think we're going to need to learn to seperate Leon Bailey, from Craig Butler and his YouTube channel.

Butler can say whatever he wants on his own channel, it's up to us to take notice of it or not.

I do feel that there is often alot of context missing when information is passed on though. For example, was he answering one of the question a YouTuber in the comments asked? ( Which they often do on the live sessions )Or did he just blurt that out?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My main worry is  him staying fit so his development continues on track.

You’ve watched him more than most mate so why is this a worry for you? Obviously he came to the club on the back of a injury and hurt himself yesterday, but is his injury record a particular concern? 

TBH I want players that are pissed off at not starting. If their not then maybe they aren't of the character we need or want. 

I also think it's just a matter of time before Leon is starting and it becomes impossible to drop him.

No way will he be screwing at signing for us after experiencing the love he got yesterday in that atmosphere. Goosebump shit. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I might have to tune into his next live and ask him what he thinks about him being injured after 21 minutes then? Lol

Anyway, I think we're going to need to learn to seperate Leon Bailey, from Craig Butler and his YouTube channel.

Butler can say whatever he wants on his own channel, it's up to us to take notice of it or not.

I do feel that there is often alot of context missing when information is passed on though. For example, was he answering one of the question a YouTuber in the comments asked? ( Which they often do on the live sessions )Or did he just blurt that out?

He just blurted it out tbf 😄 no problem with it myself, there was no criticism of the manager, it was just away of saying hes come to the club to play (which we know) and was frustrated at not being able play (which we want).

I like Old Craig but hes no politician and  will be taken out of context easily enough. I agree that the weekly 'whats going on in Mr Butler' s head' doesnt need a weekly update in here. For the record hes been very complimentary about the club, the coach, the academy and Lange.... in fact all he has said is good things since Bailey joined! 

Edited by villanmac

Â