Jump to content

Leon Bailey


PaulMcGrath_5
 Share

Recommended Posts

Amazing 20 minutes.
I am starting to think that we got a great deal this summer - signed a replacement for [he who will not be named] who better fits our style of play, and pocketed a net £70m. 

About him starting - I understand frustration, and perhaps the minor injury shows that the club was right to manage his workload.
Being fit, and being able to stand the rigours of a game are different things. The PL (for all it's hype) is probably the most competitive league in the world (So'ton deserved to beat the Champions yesterday). And with games coming at 2 a week, he needs to be managed to maximise his impact for the good of the club.

We must not make the mistake I think we made with [him], and let him think he was the club.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I felt so proud to be a Villa fan yesterday. The atmosphere was unbelievable. Players like Bailey need to feel that and they would have yesterday.   They thrive from the energy.
 

This is the 12th man we used to have. We need it back every home game. 
 

 

He seemed genuinely overwhelmed and thrilled with the atmosphere.

I think it's something they have to feel for themselves to understand.

Imagine when there are European nights?!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He seemed genuinely overwhelmed and thrilled with the atmosphere.

I think it's something they have to feel for themselves to understand.

Imagine when there are European nights?!

Oh man, those were the days. Been way too long. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thing is the instant he received that long ball from Ings - I instantly thought 'goal'  - even though he had plenty to do you just new he was going to score .

The way he controlled the ball with his head to get it down to his feet without losing any pace was very impressive. A lot of players would have failed with that and would not have ended up in such a good position to take the shot.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thing is the instant he received that long ball from Ings - I instantly thought 'goal'  - even though he had plenty to do you just new he was going to score .

Same here. For all his qualities, you just know that Watkins would have over-thought that, and had another one of his 'oh, so close' moments. That combination of speed, skill and confidence is a very rare gift, you can't coach it. I look forward to lots more of the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sne said:

The way he controlled the ball with his head to get it down to his feet without losing any pace was very impressive. A lot of players would have failed with that and would not have ended up in such a good position to take the shot.

Certain players would have braught the ball down, slowed it up, let the defence get back in to position

 

:trollface:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I was thinking it would be interesting to compare his goal to the one Grealish scored against Liverpool running from the half way line.  See how the speed of the players compares,  the control of the ball the two have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I was thinking it would be interesting to compare his goal to the one Grealish scored against Liverpool running from the half way line.  See how the speed of the players compares,  the control of the ball the two have. 

I think this lad can be better than Grealish. But to be fair they are different players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grealish and Bailey is a pointless comparison apart from one replacing the other at Villa. They are fundamentally different players who will be expected to perform in completely different ways here. They are nothing alike at all so it's unfair to both to compare them.

Delighted we got Bailey here thou.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this lad can be better than Grealish. But to be fair they are different players. 

I agree I'm just interested in the comparison. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Aside from the performance what i like is he seems to have the perfect combibation of humility and unwavering belief in himself. Often players with the latter can lack the former (that goes for people in general too) 

He doesnt come across a superstar in his interviews but speaks with a genuine appreciation of the moment and the opportunity. I just like that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this lad can be better than Grealish. But to be fair they are different players. 

Big big statement here. I am incredibly excited by Bailey - think he will be an absolute monster for us. To say he can be better that Grealish is a bit of a reach though - Grealish is likely in our top 5 ever players. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â