Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Although you don’t see a lot of swap deals, I think El Ghazi could do a good job for Leverkusen. Would work out for everyone.

Not basing this on any rumours or anything. Just that I can’t see El Ghazi getting much game time next season if we bring in Bailey.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Although you don’t see a lot of swap deals, I think El Ghazi could do a good job for Leverkusen. Would work out for everyone.

Not basing this on any rumours or anything. Just that I can’t see El Ghazi getting much game time next season if we bring in Bailey.

Agreed.

However, I think sometimes we all need to remember that, we are only 1 or 2 injuries away from quality falling massively.

Strength in depth is where it's at!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed.

However, I think sometimes we all need to remember that, we are only 1 or 2 injuries away from quality falling massively.

We started last season with 5 players for the 3 behind Watkins. We had 2 for about 10 games because Barkley couldn't play and Grealish and Trez were both injured 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's started liking IG posts about him joining, but so did Pape Sarr...

Edit: jumped the gun, post I referenced was showing posts he has been tagged in. NOT his likes. Lol

Mad Fight GIF by OctoNation® The Largest Octopus Fan Club!

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed.

Its a balance isn't it.  Equally, you don't want your squad to become bloated.

As well as this, El Ghazi only has 2 years left on his contract so his value will only go down if we do not sell him now or offer him a better contract.  It also depends what else we do i.e. is JPB going out on loan, are we really looking at Alvarez, is Cantwell really coming in, are we buying another striker which makes a two up top look a realistic possible option (as Leicester have done this season).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bailey is obviously a class above but the targeting of el ghazi by certain people on here is disgusting

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Spoke to two German mates who follow the Bundesliga. Skill wise he'd be a big upgrade on Trez and El Ghazi, but apparently has quite the temper and can be a d*ckhead off the pitch. Apparently had issues with the Jamaican national team multiple times. One time because they refuse to pay his travel and accommodation costs and another time because he demanded that his brother should play alongside him, but they had sent him home after a trail.

7 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Spoke to two German mates who follow the Bundesliga. Skill wise he'd be a big upgrade on Trez and El Ghazi, but apparently has quite the temper and can be a d*ckhead off the pitch. Apparently had issues with the Jamaican national team multiple times. One time because they refuse to pay his travel and accommodation costs and another time because he demanded that his brother should play alongside him, but they had sent him home after a trail.

Surely, he’s quite reasonable to be annoyed about that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I read on Twitter that Bailey has one year left on his contract, is that true?

Not sure, but might explain why his quoted price has went from 80m to 30m in a couple of years despite his form still being good.

Â