Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Great addition to the team. Really looking forward to seeing him play this coming season

Does anyone else think we are signing players that can play across the front line so we don't need to buy an out & out striker should Ollie be out ? 

You could slot Bailey in there - Traoare -  Barry & Brad Young off the bench...that's not even counting Wes if he's still here. We have options.

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can’t see Traore as a striker, he can’t hold a ball up, he’s not effective in the air, his first touch is hit and miss and I don’t think he’s a clinical finisher so I’m struggling to see how he’d cope playing up top, particularly in our system where all of the aforementioned traits are key.

For sure (although not all top-level strikers possess those traits and I've no issue with Bert's finishing personally), but I'm saying in terms of where Dean's willing to let him play if need be. Same for Watkins really, since he can also play left wing.

We now have three players up top who aren't afraid to pull the trigger, which is great for us and horrible for everyone else. There's no doubt Watkins will be the default centre forward though.

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Bailey Buendia and Bertie behind Watkins.  What's a BBBW?

Welcome Leon, can't wait to see you score some of those hundreds of free kicks we win... oh wait. 

Google it and click on images.

Don't do it at work or beside the missus.

• Haha 1

just bumping this back up because i am so incredibly excited by this signing and feel bad that its slipping down the front page due to other events. 

Welcome Leon. Lets rip it up!

My only concern is that due to the lazy punditry in this country and their love for low hanging fruit, Leon will be instantly and continually compared to Jadon Sancho throughout the season - based on their respective positions and where they came from. Lets hope he can hit the ground running and prove to be a bargain in comparison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Given all romance in football is now well and truly dead, I welcome an ambitious young chap like Leon who we all know perfectly well has alleigance to a club only if it benefits him - but at least he's honest about it. 

• Like 3

Welcome to the Villa Leon, looking forward to seeing you tearing it up in the PL wearing the famous Claret and Blue.

He looks an exciting player from the Youtube highlight reels. Hopefully he can settle in quickly and with Buendia and Watkins in support can help the team challenge for those top 6 places.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Suggests a 4-3-3 to me, same as you’d class Mané and Salah as strikers.

He's definitely here to be an inside forward.

Traore and Bailey flanking Watkins with Buendia in the middle. Young and Cash as wing backs.

I think our set up is becoming clearer now that Grealish is off. 

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He's definitely here to be an inside forward.

Traore and Bailey flanking Watkins with Buendia in the middle. Young and Cash as wing backs.

I think our set up is becoming clearer now that Grealish is off. 

Dear lord, the flair and lairiness. Can't wait!

• Like 2

Â