Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Whispers has some credibility and a track record but is incredibly cryptic. He doesnt post frequently (it can be 18 months apart), the account has been locked to new followers for over a year so he is not on an ego trip or an attention seeker. I really can’t work it out. His English/grammar is really poor so he either isn’t very smart or English isn’t his first language, neither of which is an issue but you would think that level of info has to come from inside the club and not sure that profile fits that opportunity? But on Twitter there is some legit info from obscure sources and he has provided telling info for a number of years,

Isn't this a reincarnation of a previous Whispers account? Someone pretending to be someone else who was pretending to be ITK? 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

If you think Sanson and Trez are extremely fast I'd like to have a running race against you.

Both wearing slippers and 20p to the winner?

So what your saying your faster than Sanson lol. Sanson is extremely fast, it's funny how we could not utilise his speed but his previous club managed it. I never said Trez was extremely fast I said it about Sanson because ive seen how rapid he can be on the counter for his old club. but when Trez were brought in everyone was going on about how he was the fastest accelerated player in Egypt, I to have yet to see it. It has been real clear we have not been very fast at countering or playing to the speed of players if they do have speed in them. There are many reasons as to why we are not seeing the speed, Acceleration and raw pace of our players if they are fast, we simply don't set people off on runs.

You are missing the point of all this anyway that I was trying to point out, which is we simply don't play to the speed of a game as much as we could do, it's not one area we are strong in because we don't attempt to set players out on runs most of the time. How many times have we seen our players bomb in down the wing or start a run from our box to opposition box? Not often since our arrival back in the prem.. We are more of a slow build up counter or passing the ball back and forth till it hits a Winger who then holds up the ball. Which is why I constantly pointed out in our survival season that our attackers simply don't arrive in time to be there for a Wingers cross and opposition then readjusts and has reorganised there shape. Opposition manages to get everyone back before we counter in time, we simply are not fast enough and successful enough at catching opposition off guard before they reset up. It would be lovely for us to be and hopefully Smith is making plans to do just that. If the Liverpool game taught us one thing it's that if we are fast and go bombing at the other team quickly on counter we can successfully win our duels. If it's one thing I hope does not happen is that we have this slow approach we had second half of the season till we woke back up again. Wearejust so much better at fast paced play yet we pulled out of that last season and it did us no good.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So what your saying your faster than Sanson lol. Sanson is extremely fast, it's funny how we could not utilise his speed but his previous club managed it. I never said Trez was extremely fast I said it about Sanson because ive seen how rapid he can be on the counter for his old club. but when Trez were brought in everyone was going on about how he was the fastest accelerated player in Egypt, I to have yet to see it. It has been real clear we have not been very fast at countering or playing to the speed of players if they do have speed in them. There are many reasons as to why we are not seeing the speed, Acceleration and raw pace of our players if they are fast, we simply don't set people off on runs.

You are missing the point of all this anyway that I was trying to point out, which is we simply don't play to the speed of a game as much as we could do, it's not one area we are strong in because we don't attempt to set players out on runs most of the time. How many times have we seen our players bomb in down the wing or start a run from our box to opposition box? Not often since our arrival back in the prem.. We are more of a slow build up counter or passing the ball back and forth till it hits a Winger who then holds up the ball. Which is why I constantly pointed out in our survival season that our attackers simply don't arrive in time to be there for a Wingers cross and opposition then readjusts and has reorganised there shape. Opposition manages to get everyone back before we counter in time, we simply are not fast enough and successful enough at catching opposition off guard before they reset up. It would be lovely for us to be and hopefully Smith is making plans to do just that. If the Liverpool game taught us one thing it's that if we are fast and go bombing at the other team quickly on counter we can successfully win our duels. If it's one thing I hope does not happen is that we have this slow approach we had second half of the season till we woke back up again. Wearejust so much better at fast paced play yet we pulled out of that last season and it did us no good.

@villaglintTrez recorded the third fastest sprint in the PL in the 19/20 season.  Only Traore and Walker ran faster. He is fast. He's just headless with it. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy wouldn't come here but Alvarez would, this is where we're going with this now with people who don't want Tammy to come to Villa 😂. Watkins would be better option than Alvarez plus like I said the moment Bailey is signed we have Wesley, Davis in back ups (which I'm not confident by) but then we have Traore and Bailey who could jump in there if things are horribly going wrong. Then if all that fails just bring youth on through Young and Barry for minutes.

That's why I am saying if we buy another player who can actually play as Center Forward, there's no point in buying Tammy or Alvarez.

I'd feel alot more confident of having Bailey up front than Alvarez and playing back up to Watkins, I'd also feeleay more confident knowing Bailey were to be put in fron of Wesley and Davis. In fact just sell Wesley and Davis if Bailey is coming in.

Bailey doesn't play upfront as a Center Forward though? He plays LW or RW. I'm sure he could deputise there if needed but isn't What he'll be getting signed for

I agree we don't sign both, but Alvarez would be a backup to The CAM (Jack or Emi) and to Ollie. Whilst I don't think we sign Bailey and Alvarez, there would be some science behind signing both

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

@villaglintTrez recorded the third fastest sprint in the PL in the 19/20 season.  He is fast. He's just headless with it. 

This is where I'm going peoplethi k Trez and sanson are not fastthats because we have not really seen it. We have yet to see us use speed and acceleration as a priority tactic. Villa just do not play like this but I'd like them to start.

You can clearly see they have those attributes if you look at the videos on YouTube or past games for there old clubs but when people say they are not fast it's purely because we are not playing that style of play that accommodates it all.

Most our games is making pass after pass and plenty of control,trying to keep the ball and making short passes. I think Ming's is the one besides our keeper who makes long passes to set someone off on runs.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bailey doesn't play upfront as a Center Forward though? He plays LW or RW. I'm sure he could deputise there if needed but isn't What he'll be getting signed for

I agree we don't sign both, but Alvarez would be a backup to The CAM (Jack or Emi) and to Ollie. Whilst I don't think we sign Bailey and Alvarez, there would be some science behind signing both

Alvarez and Bailey both can play Center Forward you know, it's one of there recorded positions as it the left and right wings, they both play across the frontline so having both I do not see a point, not untill we move Ghazi and Trez on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Alvarez and Bailey both can play Center Forward you know, it's one of there recorded positions as it the left and right wings, they both play across the frontline so having both I do not see a point, not untill we move Ghazi and Trez on.

quick feet on the end of Jacks & Emi's passes.........= Dynamite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

My gut tells me this is just media talk after he's getting touted round the PL. I hope he isnt this years Rasheetza because he looks bloody good. Got my hopes up. 

I think this too. I'm usually optimistic about these things, but he's been linked to half the prem. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

I think this too. I'm usually optimistic about these things, but he's been linked to half the prem. 

yeah it does feel like lazy journalism / Rashica 2.0

really hope not, not sure why we would sign Bailey AND Alvarez, as long as we end up with one of them!

39 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

@villaglintTrez recorded the third fastest sprint in the PL in the 19/20 season.  Only Traore and Walker ran faster. He is fast. He's just headless with it. 

A sprint without the ball could have been anything, a run all the way back into defence from miles away giving him time to get his speed up. All our eyes tell us that he has no pace to get past premier League standard defenders and no acceleration to run beyond them like actual quick players do. Where it counts he doesn't have it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Engels was right up there with one of the highest recorded speeds in the leagues at one point. I also don't think he looks fast.

As someone else pointed out it's likely to be players who have made longer runs and had a chance to get up to speed, which is why the stat is always skewed with some random defenders at the top. Don't forget that Maya Yoshida was the 'fastest' player in the league for a few years.

Trezeguet has neither the acceleration or skill to get past players so he is never going to reach top speeds in useful areas of the pitch. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

A sprint without the ball could have been anything, a run all the way back into defence from miles away giving him time to get his speed up. All our eyes tell us that he has no pace to get past premier League standard defenders and no acceleration to run beyond them like actual quick players do. Where it counts he doesn't have it.

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Engels was right up there with one of the highest recorded speeds in the leagues at one point. I also don't think he looks fast.

As someone else pointed out it's likely to be players who have made longer runs and had a chance to get up to speed, which is why the stat is always skewed with some random defenders at the top. Don't forget that Maya Yoshida was the 'fastest' player in the league for a few years.

Trezeguet has neither the acceleration or skill to get past players so he is never going to reach top speeds in useful areas of the pitch. 

I agree,  but the comment was that he's not fast.

He is. He ran over 23mph. That is fast.

He may have average acceleration and be slow with the ball at his feet though, which is a separate point.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I agree,  but the comment was that he's not fast.

He is. He ran over 23mph. That is fast.

He may have average acceleration and be slow with the ball at his feet though, which is a separate point.

The points were raised in response to Dave R saying we don't use raw pace and us not using Trezeguet's pace was the example. My response was that Trezeguet doesn't have 'raw pace' in relation to pace that's useful in football bar being good at tracking back and maybe pressing (to be fair these are not insignificant and useful at times) despite having reached a one off top speed.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

Doesn't appear to be in the squad for the friendly they are currently playing. Absolutely no idea if a lot of first reamers are left out also.

🤣🤣🤣

Â