eFootball (PES is Dead)

HalfTimePost

13 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

The greatest football game of all time.

PES 4 and 5 for me.

But only because PES 6 was the first on the then new generation (XBOX 360 for me) and it was absolutely shit.

The PES 6 that came out on PS2 was amazing, but unfortunately I was stuck with the 360 version which was way below par

I'd rather we just disassociated this game from the PES series completely. It's its own thing... and it's an unspeakably bad thing.

I've been PES since ISS Deluxe on the Mega Drive (with a brief periods of Sensible Soccer and FiFA Road to World Cup '98 in the mix) so seeing/playing e-football hurts 😂

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

PES 4 and 5 for me.

But only because PES 6 was the first on the then new generation (XBOX 360 for me) and it was absolutely shit.

The PES 6 that came out on PS2 was amazing, but unfortunately I was stuck with the 360 version which was way below par

Playing Master League on PES 6 now is so fun. It's like a window into the past. Seeing players in that game who are still playing today is fun. Ryan Babel of all people turns into a world beater, as does Aguero. It also reminds you of players who didn't really live up to potential, like Jefferson Farfan who was a monster for Villa in my save. Goal machine from the left wing.

• 1 year later...

Apparently you can edit in teams/kits/etc on the newest version of e-football to add leagues/teams/players and create your own version of the offline modes last seen in PES2020? There's a website with the download files and such. 

I don't fully understand the scope of it (although I'm well-versed in kit/player patching) as I don't see how you can create game-modes or add new teams. It looks as if you can download a patch to essentially turn e-football into a new PES game, but with all new graphics and whatnot. 

Anyone done/doing this? I'm still manually updating PES 2020 squads/players as I really can't get on with Fifa.

Still playing pes 2021, just waiting for the transfer window to be over then will buy the option file off ebay for a tenner with all updated teams and kits. i actually have no problem doing this going forward in the future. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Giro said:

Still playing pes 2021, just waiting for the transfer window to be over then will buy the option file off ebay for a tenner with all updated teams and kits. i actually have no problem doing this going forward in the future. 

Ditto, but on PES2020. I'm doing it all manually myself at the moment, but buying the option file sounds like a much better option.

Just had a flashback to when you had to buy a memory card off ebay for the option files on PS1&2, and then on a USB stick for PS3. Crazy times.

I guess the only question I had was, because e-football is limited in terms of clubs and whatnot, can an option file add in game play modes, leagues, and whatnot? I don't see how this works, unless they're implementing code from previous titles to make it so. What I don't want to go is get e-football 2023 and then be stuck with about 12 teams to pick from, none of which being Villa😂

I'm on PES21 (the season update one). 

I've extensively edited it myself, using a free OF as a base, and currently I'm into season 2027/2028 with Malaga. 

Still really enjoy the game, I've tried FIFA but I can't get past the stupid physics, plus they got fake teams on FIFA and the whole Brazilian League has fake players - my PES is fully edited so I don't have any fake players or clubs etc... 

I've tried the current efootball game. It's not too bad as a game, I like the dribbling and the AI seems to try and take you on more. The big issue is there is nothing to do. No ML, no editing, it is literally Konami's version of FUT. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2023 at 12:51, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'm on PES21 (the season update one). 

I've extensively edited it myself, using a free OF as a base, and currently I'm into season 2027/2028 with Malaga. 

Still really enjoy the game, I've tried FIFA but I can't get past the stupid physics, plus they got fake teams on FIFA and the whole Brazilian League has fake players - my PES is fully edited so I don't have any fake players or clubs etc... 

I've tried the current efootball game. It's not too bad as a game, I like the dribbling and the AI seems to try and take you on more. The big issue is there is nothing to do. No ML, no editing, it is literally Konami's version of FUT. 

I really think, especially given the currently uncertain landscape of football games, Konami should have a real re-think of their strategy, especially considering it clearly hasn't worked.

It sucks not having a viable yearly football game to play.

• Like 1

Â