eFootball (PES is Dead)

HalfTimePost

Well, as a physical collector I’m out.

ISS to Pro Evo 6 was a hell of a run. Never recovered really from the switch to the 360/PS3 era although 2010 & 2011 were decent. 

I have a theory that if Konami had put real effort into a purpose built game for the Switch they would be back on top. EA with the legacy editions of Fifa left a huge gaping hole in the Nintendo football game space. With a huge user base begging for something. Konami as usual ballsed it up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

**** me.  I dread to think what absolutely zero competition for EA is going to mean to FIFA going forward.

It's not zero competition. Early days, we don't know what the monetization model will be yet. But if you can download eFootball and have a decent experience for free, why would you pay 60 odd quid for FIFA?

The trick will be having enough available for free to lure people in, while convincing a lot of people to pay for extras.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not zero competition. Early days, we don't know what the monetization model will be yet. But if you can download eFootball and have a decent experience for free, why would you pay 60 odd quid for FIFA?

The trick will be having enough available for free to lure people in, while convincing a lot of people to pay for extras.

eFootball is launching with 9 teams with no additional teams on the roadmap for the rest of 2021.

eFootball does have their version of "Ultimate Team" on the roadmap, but no additional teams. So anyone hoping to play online with real world teams better be a Man United, or Barca fan because there isn't much choice there.

It's very clear based on the roadmap which is on the eFootball website that there isn't much. eFootball Website scroll down a bit to get to the roadmap. It's pretty barren until they start adding their version of "Ultimate Team" and Match Passes. 

Fair point @Daweii, I think I'd consider the first year "early access" and check in on it again a year down the road and see how they're getting on.

I'm surprised they've not kept this as a secret secondary project until it's more feature complete, keeping the annual releases on track until they're ready to properly launch.

One thing is for sure though, simply copying the FIFA model wasn't working, trying something radical like this might be their best chance of long-term success.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I'm playing through a become a legend campaign and a master league with pes at the moment on efootball 2021. I think i might be the only one.

I still prefer the gameplay, but the master league effort is not actually much different from career mode. That is, shite.

Also Ireland never qualify for the world cup and there doesn't seem to be a qualification campaign. Which is very annoying 

The editor for become a legend to put an approximation of yourself into the game is really great though. I reckon it's purchased from another Japanese game series, because it's just next level.

It's a shame they are taking in the cones, because i felt they were more interested in  making a great football game than FIFA have been for about 15 years

9 teams? What does that mean for Master League aka the whole reason you'd play PES extensively?

PES 13 and 17 were masterpieces. Was really looking forward to a next-gen version of these. Kind of disappointing. FIFA is shit beyond casual games with friends so it's looking like RIP football simulation.

the main problem will be do you trust konami to fully support it moving forward? because i wouldnt, i can see them stripping it down as far as possible, they'll have these 9 teams and then push generate your own team so they wont need more licenses, they'll have the players and thats about it, they've been lazy as **** with it for years now, its unplayable without option files

im not sure when they just admit that they're a pachinko machine company and step away

I bought PES 2020 due to being fed up with a decade of shit fifa games. I loved the gameplay. I bought the 2021 update and was excited that they'd decided to not build a new game for 2021 and focus all their efforts into 2022. This sounds shit. 

Guess I better get back into fifa for 22

21 hours ago, YLN said:

I'm playing through a become a legend campaign and a master league with pes at the moment on efootball 2021. I think i might be the only one.

Nope. Not the only one. Become a Legend is pretty fun, actually. Reminds me of an game on the PS1 called LiberoGrande.

It's sad what's happening to PES. I don't think I'll be playing any more football games, aside from FM. I probably won't even bother with a PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2021 at 18:07, Keyblade said:

Guess we're just going to be modding old games into oblivion.

Out of interest has anyone got an idea how to add the English 1st and 2nd division and link them into the championship and premier league on the PS4.

I found a few option files but no idea will they actually link. Can i get promoted the whole way up.

• 1 month later...
Â