The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

sne

Luka Doncic and his Slovenian buddies drinking booze and partying in the Olympic village. They are still in the basketball tournament.

No way will they throw out such a huge star from the tournament, sponsors and TV companies would not have it, interesting to see how they handle it.

On 27/07/2021 at 13:13, theboyangel said:

Olympic Taekwondo is awful to watch and nothing like the more fluent sparring Taekwondo code my kids practice. 

Such a strange choice as an Olympic code as it’s basically stand there and kick each other. 

I'm hoping the debut of Kumite and Kata are far more entertaining. Cobra Kai has got me excited for what could be the only Olympic Karate tournament ever held . The fact that it's in Japan is the cherry on top.

radicalmuscle: “ Kata ” | Martial arts, Martial arts workout, Karate  martial arts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Luka Doncic and his Slovenian buddies drinking booze and partying in the Olympic village. They are still in the basketball tournament.

No way will they throw out such a huge star from the tournament, sponsors and TV companies would not have it, interesting to see how they handle it.

That'll learn him.

Fantastic race by Warholm in the 400m hurdles. 45,94, first runner under 46 seconds and breaking his own newly set WR with 0.76 seconds.

A case in the new shoes (and new track) development changing the sport is that all 3 medalist ran faster than the Kevin Young WR (46,78) that had stood for 30 years before Warholm broke it.

Times they are a-changing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

A case in the new shoes (and new track) development

Bring back Cinder tracks :) But seriously, as long as all current runners have the same materials I'm fine with it. Especially if we can erase some doping-records

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Bring back Cinder tracks :) But seriously, as long as all current runners have the same materials I'm fine with it.

I kinda hate the NIKE shoes, the track I'm all for.

21 minutes ago, sne said:

I kinda hate the NIKE shoes, the track I'm all for.

Warholm runs in Puma, can't think of any other of the recent big guns that do.

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Warholm runs in Puma, can't think of any other of the recent big guns that do.

Yeah they just gave out their new shoes to their athletes apparently. Mondo Duplantis decided not to use them at the Olympics, guess he's not used to them enough to feel comfortable yet.

Having shoes with a carbon plate that acts as a spring is just wrong.

• Like 1

This Russian fellow Kuznetsov looks a bit different from most of the other divers. Not sure I've seen anyone in diving with double head tattoos and a big beard. Don't watch diving so might be all the rage for all I know.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

This Russian fellow Kuznetsov looks a bit different from most of the other divers. Not sure I've seen anyone in diving with double head tattoos and a big beard. Don't watch diving so might be all the rage for all I know.

double hard bastards divers mate

See the source image

56 minutes ago, sne said:

This Russian fellow Kuznetsov looks a bit different from most of the other divers

Quote from the BBC commentator:

“Looks like he’d walk past you and stab you in the neck”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Quote from the BBC commentator:

“Looks like he’d walk past you and stab you in the neck”

Looked like an actor from Vikings :D 

Ragnar | Wikinger

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

Warholm 45,94!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: yeah, the above. Benjamin too for that matter. What a race

Absolutely ridiculous - the third place guy missed Warholm's "old" WR by 0.02 seconds and he was miles* behind the first two!

* - not literally.

Â