The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

sne

3 days of Olympic athletics and still no gold for the US.

They'll get there no doubt but considering which events has already been decided it's a chock.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trekka said:

Just re-watched Charlotte Worthington in the BMX final.  To go for the big one again after the first fall was awesome.

I was just about to go to bed just as she did that this morning, absolutely incredible performance.

Absolutely amazing performance from Charlotte Worthingtom. Coulda just gone easy on that second run for the bronze, but went for it, an it was incredible for the gold. American bottled it, you could see pressure got to her, gold was hers for the taking.

Mens BMX is ridiculous.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

Guess this years Lindsey Jacobellis award goes to Aidan Walsh

Irish boxer Aidan Walsh out of Olympics after he injured ankle celebrating win

Aidan Walsh firar efter att ha gått vidare till semifinal i OS.

Walsh hurt his ankle celebrating QF win

Walsh reached the semifinal match after beating Mauritius’ Merven Clair in the quarterfinals. After he was given the win, though, Walsh started a wild celebration.

He jumped up and down multiple times and then landed awkwardly on his ankle. 

He was later seen leaving the arena in a wheelchair.

The Irish team said that Walsh injured his ankle, but only said that he did so during the fight. His ankle wasn’t an issue until after his win.

https://sports.yahoo.com/irish-boxer-aidan-walsh-out-tokyo-olympics-after-he-injured-ankle-celebrating-win-034404157.html

Edited by sne

Also a thing that is happening in these Olympics, is that South Korean incels are demanding the country's archery association remove the gold medals won by a Korean archer because she has short hair, and also they've made up something about her being a misandrist, so

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is there no red button option at all on bbc? 

I've currently got tennis, gymnastics, wrestling, beach volleyball, fencing, boxing, basketball

The shit thing is I think GB have some competitors in both the boxing and gymnastics today but not a clue what time apart from I think pommel horse now 

Nope. Discovery bought the rights. 

Discovery + has everything, via Eurosport. So it’s worth signing up for a month and then cancelling if people want to watch it. Sky Q customers get 12 months free

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Also a thing that is happening in these Olympics, is that South Korean incels are demanding the country's archery association remove the gold medals won by a Korean archer because she has short hair, and also they've made up something about her being a misandrist, so

What a blizzarre thing to care about. Surely you just be proud she's represented your country on the world stage in a positive light and won the freaking medal. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eidolon said:

What a blizzarre thing to care about. Surely you just be proud she's represented your country on the world stage in a positive light and won the freaking medal. 

My god! she has short hair ?! I cant believe it,how the F**k did she even get into the Olympics FFS.What a disgrace

It's completely stupid. It's part of a wider 'battle of the sexes' politics that is emerging in Korea, as a very traditionally male-oriented society is coming to terms with women having greater power, wealth and independence than before, but as so often when you put things like this into context, nine times out of ten 'the context' is just more of the same shit.

Â