The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

sne

The rise in new infections continues in the Olympic city of Tokyo. As the city administration announced, 4058 new infections were registered within 24 hours. It is the first time the number of cases has exceeded the 4,000 mark after new infections had risen above 3,000 for three days.

The government’s most important coronavirus advisor, the physician Shigeru Omi, had warned of an overload of the health system in view of the rapid spread of the delta variant.

The Japanese government relies on the voluntary cooperation of the population. Japan has never imposed tough curfews since the pandemic began. The government continues to urge citizens to stay home and watch the Olympics there.

https://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/corona-liveblog-samstag-101.html#194000-neue-Infektionen-in-den-USA

1 hour ago, sne said:

10.61 in the women's 100m :o. Only the steroid infused Flo-Jo has ran faster.

Even disregarding the obvious Mexican supplements, this should have been a tied world record with Joyners 10.61 in the american trials final when the wind-measurement was actually working. The 10.49 in QF1 is infuriatingly bullshit. 0.0 wind in that cat5 hurricane? Yeah, right!

x7YIznR.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Even disregarding the obvious Mexican supplements, this should have been a tied world record with Joyners 10.61 in the american trials final when the wind-measurement was actually working. The 10.49 in QF1 is infuriatingly bullshit. 0.0 wind in that cat5 hurricane? Yeah, right!

x7YIznR.png

Everyone is rightfully angry about Russian/Soviet doping and cheating but the amount that the US has gotten away with over the years is absurd.

• Like 1

One of the great comebacks. Sarah Sjöström (world record-holder in 50 and 100 freestyle, and 50 and 100 butterfly) fractured her elbow 6 months ago slipping on ice. Still managed to get to the Olympics and bag a silver medal, in a sport with hundreds of a second margins. Amazing athlete

928ff550-a49f-4a77-abb5-b97a1396a3b3?fit

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Finally a Sunday morning for me to watch some good live olympic action, and its golf....funking golf?

Grab a cup of tee and take it in. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Finally a Sunday morning for me to watch some good live olympic action, and its golf....funking golf?

Golf, football, tennis, and dancing horses have been on when I’ve had free time.

Finally managed to see some triathlon relay the other evening and it was a blessed change.

Is there no red button option at all on bbc? 

I've currently got tennis, gymnastics, wrestling, beach volleyball, fencing, boxing, basketball

The shit thing is I think GB have some competitors in both the boxing and gymnastics today but not a clue what time apart from I think pommel horse now 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is there no red button option at all on bbc? 

I've currently got tennis, gymnastics, wrestling, beach volleyball, fencing, boxing, basketball

The shit thing is I think GB have some competitors in both the boxing and gymnastics today but not a clue what time apart from I think pommel horse now 

yh watching women's beach volleyball now, I'm using the red button, won't be long.

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Get the mens gymnastics on, pommel horse coming up, not sure if max whitlock still has a chance or if he's considered an old man now 

He smashed that! Massive gauntlet thrown down

Good day in the athletics. Highjump (JuVaughn Harrison is in the final in both this and longjump, 😲), tripple-jump, and 100 meter finals.

Karsten Warholm vs Rai Benjamin in the same semifinal in the 400meter hurdles.

Â