VillaTV 2021/22

ciggiesnbeer

16 hours ago, useless said:

I don't think Woodward's that bad as a commentator, kind of feel that crticism of him is over the top, would rather listen to him commentating than many of the commentators you get on TV  many of whom seem to try and over sensationalize everything. I think Tony Daley is good as well, especially with Mark Regan.

Regan and Little together were very good - would much prefer Regan over Woodward any day 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 11:08, Eastie said:
On 24/07/2021 at 18:55, useless said:

Regan and Little together were very good - would much prefer Regan over Woodward any day 

Surely it’s Regan and Carter? 

So my swedish football provider Viaplay who has exclusive rights to the PL games decided to cancel my subscription I've had since 2013 for 199kr/month with reason "our product is different and we have the right". To watch PL now I would have to pay a whoopping 449kr/month which includes movies and tv shows as they STILL do not offer a Sports package only. In other words their product is exactly the same as it was in 2013 just more expensive. Oh and they lost the rights to competitors for CL football. So technically their product is actually worse today than back then only more expensive.

So I kindly told them to **** off and am now wondering whether AVTV is not a shit product like it was 2 years ago when I first tried it. Is it worth it for an android and desktop user?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

So my swedish football provider Viaplay who has exclusive rights to the PL games decided to cancel my subscription I've had since 2013 for 199kr/month with reason "our product is different and we have the right". To watch PL now I would have to pay a whoopping 449kr/month which includes movies and tv shows as they STILL do not offer a Sports package only. In other words their product is exactly the same as it was in 2013 just more expensive. Oh and they lost the rights to competitors for CL football. So technically their product is actually worse today than back then only more expensive.

So I kindly told them to **** off and am now wondering whether AVTV is not a shit product like it was 2 years ago when I first tried it. Is it worth it for an android and desktop user?

Its only two friendly games so far but it seems to work fine and they get the replays up within maybe six hours after the game. I stream it from my laptop and then just use Windows streaming thing to project to my Roku & TV. it all works fine but inferior to a real cable stream as you would expect.

I like it but go give the free bits of AVTV a whirl first is my advice. make sure it works with your rig.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its only two friendly games so far but it seems to work fine and they get the replays up within maybe six hours after the game. I stream it from my laptop and then just use Windows streaming thing to project to my Roku & TV. it all works fine but inferior to a real cable stream as you would expect.

I like it but go give the free bits of AVTV a whirl first is my advice. make sure it works with your rig.

Not sure why I don't have the full year subscription as an option on the webpage. Anyone else only have this as an option?

image.thumb.png.c9b2bc2658cecd6c96e48e245188c262.png

28 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Not sure why I don't have the full year subscription as an option on the webpage. Anyone else only have this as an option?

image.thumb.png.c9b2bc2658cecd6c96e48e245188c262.png

wow thats weird! hmm I guess wait till they update the page. It didnt look like that last week (looks like that for me as well now ). Sorry that sucks :(

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

wow thats weird! hmm I guess wait till they update the page. It didnt look like that last week (looks like that for me as well now ). Sorry that sucks :(

Yes I'm assuming it's some weird form of update to the website that will be patched (maybe a last-ditch commit prior to the weekend XD).

Doesn't make sense for them not to still offer the full season package as a one time deal or monthly subscription when the season hasn't even started yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Yes I'm assuming it's some weird form of update to the website that will be patched (maybe a last-ditch commit prior to the weekend XD).

Doesn't make sense for them not to still offer the full season package as a one time deal or monthly subscription when the season hasn't even started yet.

The great thing is its all Villa, there's no bias scum6 chat like on sky even if the scum6 aren't even involved. I like it.

I've just checked and I'm getting the same purchase option as you, there should be a yearly option too but I think the special off of 34.99 expired on 21/07 if remember correctly.

Nit sure if this is a thing but from memory either the yanks or the lads from down under get really good premiership packages so maybe there is route to that via a vpn. Maybe our friends over seas could confirm what's available.

Good luck buddy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, osmark86 said:

On a different note I thought this looked...interesting

image.png.ee409c54fba14892722418f77165f443.png

which leads to a 404 page.

Right...

They'll be updating it from last year's statement to this year's one I'd assume. 

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The great thing is its all Villa, there's no bias scum6 chat like on sky even if the scum6 aren't even involved. I like it.

I've just checked and I'm getting the same purchase option as you, there should be a yearly option too but I think the special off of 34.99 expired on 21/07 if remember correctly.

Nit sure if this is a thing but from memory either the yanks or the lads from down under get really good premiership packages so maybe there is route to that via a vpn. Maybe our friends over seas could confirm what's available.

Good luck buddy.

Yes would be nice to hear what our non-European lads say. I believe the site itself said that it was a viewing service for non-UK & Ireland fans. Mentioned nothing about distinctions between any other countries so this would surprise me. I think I'll just have to wait and see. Cheers mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Did anyone get contacted about their refund?

I didn’t, I was thinking the same thing that I hadn’t received any notification and they said we’d be contacted in 48 hours…..

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Did anyone get contacted about their refund?

Nope but I bought the full season package. Really hoping that the Crewe game gets added later as disappointing to have missed it. 

36 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Bristol replay is up! Very good commentator with the always insightful Tayls a wingman. Love it.

Had to smile when Taylor suggested we should loan the kids out so they can get kicked up in the air and 'become men'. Archaic opinion.

• Haha 1