U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

And we still have young, Bogarde, don't we ?

Yes, I think so, he’s a great talent but I have said this about many young players in the past and been made to look a fool, long may it continue!

• Like 1

Some really interesting comments from Finn Azaz after his successful loan spell with Newport. 

How he adapted to the three games a week programme and eventually found his voice in the changing room. His stats were impressive too. Hopefully he can fulfil that potential in the colours of claret and blue. 

'For the love of Paul Mcgrath' podcast are about to release a series of episodes based on our on loan kids, with guests from each of the clubs involved.

Should be well worth a listen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have I just missed it, or have we not done our released list yet?

Nothing as yet, neither the club or the premier league. Its normally the first week in June.

First team fixtures are out next week, I would assume we’d get something before that.

The title of this topic needs changing to u21.... or probably just to PL2.  Edit: didn't realise it was just for this season, never mind.

Makes sense that they've lowered the main age limit.  Can't be many/any prospects being developed at 22/23 by any team. Especially now we've got our act together

Assume they've increased the number allowed overage to allow for the increase in players coming back from injury we'll see this season thanks to the stupidly times world Cup.

Edited by MrBlack
I'm an idiot

Is it will back to u21? I don't like U23 system as big gap from U18 to U23 (no middle of bridge between both of it)

if they does will great so keep PL1/2 for completion for title u23 premise League title cup.

we should do these system

U18
15-18 playing in u18 to help them focus on tactical and skill, to build them confidence before step in PL1/2 and U21, men games, drill them to focus, also mental, physical, behaviour. with extra educational - sent them part time college to in case if football not for them. cos if they not good enough age late back to college would affect this future work or educational i think important take them slow, if show potential playing high level so allowed them. 

U21
16-20 playing u21 - just stay them the way like we normal play them last season as most of them our player age rough - 16-18 play against other team average age 20-23 + 1-4 experience player or rehab, etc. <-- I like this way even we lost due lack experience as this good way give 16-18 taste of "just Men or Men games" way we play last season i like this, want see them do it as can see big factor improvement our youth player.

U23 PL
for good for CV before step into big games to help them developed just play our 16-20 again to more games to learn more.

Bring back Reversed Team league: (Or behind curtain games regular) & Keep them fit for Cup match.
Half of 20-23/24 play reversed team see if they good enough and sent to loan or ready for first team or release them.
+ First Team (Senior) Injury or player need match practice practice  vs other "man" team. rather play against u23. 

reason i want this back cos it is will more motivational and better assessment to ready or not. just like u23 but with any age (wage limited up to 24k to 49k? if want over this so limited to 1 or 2 for good reason ie injury rehab etc) to stop man city or big club use team B play this league to limited cheat "Spam star player".

Any our 17-23 Age with huge potential
Sent them to loan to big man (with experience) games and learn against them will learn lots from this rather play against u23. 

as this is give them show manager what can do and review them and training them right way and extra years to prove ready for our team. if they not enough sell to low leagues make money, like help them out offered instalment payment with future fee percent sell, with buyback in case they did well for late peak age, this would way support low tier club to grow better relationship between our club and their club.

over 21 age (extend to 23 if feeling they can make it) best sell them or released cos they need regular basis with these age to make their life rather hold back them. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
forget put add about PL1/2
  • Like 2