U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

OK the front page is updated with the BSC Cup details. I've provisionally added the date of the tie to be 23rd October until it's confirmed. The tie actually needs to be played by that date so it will probably be sooner, and we're currently scheduled to be home to Sunderland in the league on the 22nd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This team is a mystery to me - many of our current U23's are unavailable because of international duty and the U18's are mostly either in the U23's or really young. It'll be a mish-mash of stuff I think - expect Wycombe to find it quite comfortable.

The back line will be really odd - Feeney, Bogarde, Swinkels and Paterson are all with England so, Barber, Appiah, Zito plus one I guess.

Barber is with Feeney and Patterson in the England U17 squad. If Chrisene, Bridge, Dominic Revan, and Myles Sohna are all still out then I'm wondering if we might bring someone in just for one game on a trial basis, otherwise we only really have Ealing, Aaron O'Reilly, Zito, and Appiah, that have U23 experience, and even then very little between them.

Unless Holland allow us to keep Bogarde and Swinkels for this game as their U18s don't play until Monday.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

This team is a mystery to me - many of our current U23's are unavailable because of international duty and the U18's are mostly either in the U23's or really young. It'll be a mish-mash of stuff I think - expect Wycombe to find it quite comfortable.

The back line will be really odd - Feeney, Bogarde, Swinkels and Paterson are all with England so, Barber, Appiah, Zito plus one I guess.

We can start a couple of senior players? Or is that not allowed 

If so could give Sanson a run out if he is alive

No Sinisalo makes me wonder if he could still be going out on loan, but would mean us having to sign a keeper, Wright on the bench young keeper signed from Man City hasn't even played for our U18s.

Also no Aaron Ramsey might indicate he's going somewhere on loan.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/august/big-match-preview-wycombe-vs-aston-villa-u21s/

The answer is yes, apparently. **** ten quid, though 🤣 It only costs a fiver to go and see the game live!!

You know what, im gonna pay it tho....that looks like a lineup i wanna watch!

(im a saddo, i know)

• Like 2