U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I still dont understand this trophy. So could we conceivably play in the final of it, at Wembley? I'm sure it's only ever between league one and league two teams, when I've seen the finals.

It was a shit cup with dwindling popularity so they added PL u23 teams to it but the PL teams don't give a shit and don't really bother too much

Would be interesting if we really went for it as a progression from the youth Cup 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was a shit cup with dwindling popularity so they added PL u23 teams to it but the PL teams don't give a shit and don't really bother too much

Would be interesting if we really went for it as a progression from the youth Cup 

Right so that's why theres not any premier league teams in the finals. Is this then Wycombes best team then presumably?

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Right so that's why theres not any premier league teams in the finals. Is this then Wycombes best team then presumably?

No it isn't their best.

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Sounds like a good game. For those of us too tight to spend a £10 on this do we know if the replay will be on AvTv or just highlights? 

Eventually...

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Older Chuk - You can tell he's played men's football more than the others.

JPB - Electric. That final pass/shot is the hardest thing to sort out but it's there under all the madness of his great dribbling, needs to calm down when he gets near goal. What's quite funny is he'll initially bring very similar frustrations as El Ghazi when he does get first team chances. Goal at the end was a blinder but that probably should have been his fourth of the match. Similar to Jacob Ramsey, if he isn't going to play a loan until Jan would be the best for him IMO. Games under his belt will the only way the inconsistencies will fade.

Thorndike - Doesn't lack belief. Ability on the ball but needs to release it after he's skinned the first two men.

Archer - Dangerous going forward, worked hard back from his RW position.

Iroegbunam - Looks very handy. Big lad sitting in front of defence as well...

Sanson - Average for him. Tried to knock it round a few times and the lads weren't interested so struggled to get much composure into our play. 

Swinkels- Never impressed me before, looks like he's improved a bit. Slips over rather a lot.

Appiah - Settled after a very nervous start.

Bogarde - Real prospect. Cruising most of the time.

Zito - Bit erratic at times. Big lad for a RB. 

Zych - Very good for a youngun. Some great saves.

Did Sanson play full 90?

My only concern with the academy now, well more of an observation, is that we seem very light on full backs at the club. Wish we'd got Small in.