Claret Membership 2021/2

icouldtelltheworld

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I signed up for a Claret membership to get the tickets and still has coming soon for both games. Have I missed a cut off deadline or is it a bag of shit system? Been about 90 mins since I bought the membership

It takes three days to register your membership, (this is at Villa's end, not yours).

Piece. Of. Shit.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh another thing that bugs me, have the people that do the site not heard of conditional logic?

Why do they persist in advertising membership to people logged into the site who have membership???? It isn't hard to display different content to members to non members! So ammature.

Same applies to the instruction to link your Fan ID to your new login, I've done it already yet I'm reminded every time.

So piss poor.

This is what made me think I hadn't done it! So tried a few times to do something I'd already done. 

I'm not particularly tech savvy so this has been an epic **** up from the start. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is what made me think I hadn't done it! So tried a few times to do something I'd already done. 

I'm not particularly tech savvy so this has been an epic **** up from the start. 

Honestly its shambolic. Once I created e-mails for my kids, I contacted the club to query how to link their membership to mine. No answer, tried calling, tried support via Twitter, sent numerous e-mails. Nothing.

Then I get a 'reminder' to verify their accounts, the e-mail contained a link to login in to do so. Only I couldn't login because although they had Fan ID's and membership I hadn't created digital accounts for them or whatever they are called not that I was at any point told I needed to do it.

I finally figured out that I had to create accounts for them, which is utterly pointless and got it sorted.

So then I go to purchase tickets... only for some reason I can purchase 3 (one for each membership) for Brentford but only 1 for Newcastle as I'm for some reason not allowed to purchase them on my kids membership.

Obviously I can't contact anyone because they put the tickets on sale at the time the ticket office closed.

But at least they are able to e-mail me trying to sell membership even though I already have them.

Absolutely woeful.

47 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I spent an hour doing this until I happened upon a screen that gave me my Fan ID. Despite the site saying it was only on ticket confirmations and season tickets. Neither of which I still had. 

Really is poor. The link the link the accounts also just kept taking me to my contact details page and not letting me go anywhere else. Proper awful.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I spent an hour doing this until I happened upon a screen that gave me my Fan ID. Despite the site saying it was only on ticket confirmations and season tickets. Neither of which I still had. 

Really is poor. The link the link the accounts also just kept taking me to my contact details page and not letting me go anywhere else. Proper awful.

It is bugged to shit and the instructions are woeful

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

So then I go to purchase tickets... only for some reason I can purchase 3 (one for each membership) for Brentford but only 1 for Newcastle as I'm for some reason not allowed to purchase them on my kids membership

I had a similar issue for the Newcastle game, but then when I clicked for tickets in a different part of the ground, I could use my kids Cub membership to buy tickets. 

So I assume kids or Cub memberships are not allowed in certain areas of the ground.

40 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I had a similar issue for the Newcastle game, but then when I clicked for tickets in a different part of the ground, I could use my kids Cub membership to buy tickets. 

So I assume kids or Cub memberships are not allowed in certain areas of the ground.

Thanks, tried that. For some reason it says 0 tickets permitted on their references.

15 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

It takes three days to register your membership, (this is at Villa's end, not yours).

Piece. Of. Shit.

I only set up my daughter’s membership yesterday evening but it appears this morning that I can buy tickets for the Newcastle and Brentford games for her. Last night it was coming back with a red error message saying 0 tickets were permitted under her reference. 

A truly painful experience but looks like I am now all set up for buying tickets for this season.

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Honestly its shambolic. Once I created e-mails for my kids, I contacted the club to query how to link their membership to mine. No answer, tried calling, tried support via Twitter, sent numerous e-mails. Nothing.

Then I get a 'reminder' to verify their accounts, the e-mail contained a link to login in to do so. Only I couldn't login because although they had Fan ID's and membership I hadn't created digital accounts for them or whatever they are called not that I was at any point told I needed to do it.

I finally figured out that I had to create accounts for them, which is utterly pointless and got it sorted.

So then I go to purchase tickets... only for some reason I can purchase 3 (one for each membership) for Brentford but only 1 for Newcastle as I'm for some reason not allowed to purchase them on my kids membership.

Obviously I can't contact anyone because they put the tickets on sale at the time the ticket office closed.

But at least they are able to e-mail me trying to sell membership even though I already have them.

Absolutely woeful.

That is a real shame. Getting tickets should not be a exercise in Kafkaesque logic. 

This needs to be sorted out rather than just bolting extra things on the website.

Why annoy your customers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is a real shame. Getting tickets should not be a exercise in Kafkaesque logic. 

This needs to be sorted out rather than just bolting extra things on the website.

Why annoy your customers.

They get away with it because we haven’t a choice. If it was a normal business and we were just customers you would take your business elsewhere.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Having checked my email receipt again it says that tickets will not be posted, even though I selected the post option.

There aren't any attachments to print or save so any idea if they will still post the tickets?

Exactly the same boat as you! I sent a follow up email yesterday asking if they could please send me my e-ticket via email as they won't be posting--no response as yet.

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Exactly the same boat as you! I sent a follow up email yesterday asking if they could please send me my e-ticket via email as they won't be posting--no response as yet.

I dont understand why they offer posting as an option, I have a habit of forgetting my phone these days so that's the only reason I chose it. With hind sight I probably should have chose the e ticket option. I'll give it a few more days before I start panicking 

17 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh another thing that bugs me, have the people that do the site not heard of conditional logic?

Why do they persist in advertising membership to people logged into the site who have membership???? It isn't hard to display different content to members to non members! So ammature.

Same applies to the instruction to link your Fan ID to your new login, I've done it already yet I'm reminded every time.

So piss poor.

I spent ages trying to link a fan id not realising it was already done! Shocking website.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I dont understand why they offer posting as an option, I have a habit of forgetting my phone these days so that's the only reason I chose it. With hind sight I probably should have chose the e ticket option. I'll give it a few more days before I start panicking 

I noticed later on when I tried for Brentford tickets that the other options had been removed (only e-ticket remained), so seems it was an error on their part.

I intend to ring them at the end of the week if no email response--I will let you know as and when I get an update.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ender4 said:

It seems kids aren’t allowed in the 2 centre blocks of Doug Ellis stand.  Everywhere else seems ok. Also noticed you can buy adult ticket using a kids membership anywhere in the ground.

edit: seems to be price zone one you can’t buy kids tickets. Im assuming kids are still able to sit there you just have to pay maximum price.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just tried to set up one of the free ‘junior Villa’ membership for my 4 month old. Apparently he needs a unique email address? Shock horror he doesn’t have one. Why can’t they allow the parent’s email address to be used? I then wasn’t allowed to set it up after sorting an email address out (one I use for junk) because I wasn’t buying an adult membership or paid older child memberships at the same time… v frustrating!

Also don’t understand why they are trying to make ST Holders sign up for a £30 membership… what do you get for that that isn’t also included in your season ticket?

52 minutes ago, chappy said:

Also don’t understand why they are trying to make ST Holders sign up for a £30 membership… what do you get for that that isn’t also included in your season ticket?

A massive block of cheddar cheese. 

*possibly