Claret Membership 2021/2

icouldtelltheworld

Sweet. Jesus. 

Renewed alongside my son and two friends. But, what an absolute ball-ache that website is. For all the good Villa are doing on the playing side, there are some areas that need a **** nuclear bomb and start again situation. 

Possibly the worst website I’ve been on in the past 5 years.

No idea if my kids now have their claret membership linked to their account.

And now their membership is linked to their ‘own’ email addresses that I had to set up to allow the memberships to be linked. 

Complete nonsense.

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Possibly the worst website I’ve been on in the past 5 years.

No idea if my kids now have their claret membership linked to their account.

And now their membership is linked to their ‘own’ email addresses that I had to set up to allow the memberships to be linked. 

Complete nonsense.

A friend of mine who renewed is an IT kinda guy. He said... "ita a bad cookie problem, so I had to go in incognito mode to sort it". Absolute, scenes.

Clicking on the "contact us" option on the Villa Ticket Office wesbite take you to...

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

It's beyond parody now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

It allowed me to renew my membership as well as add another to it smoothly enough, though after reading this thread I'm now suspicious of how smooth it was...

I take it all back. Added the missus to the renewal and it's seemingly impossible to link the digital membership to the ticketing account, just endlessly asks you to confirm details and redirects to previous pages.

For those required to set up extra emails for kids etc, it's possible to use an alias address with Gmail that just automatically comes back to the main Account

I haven't tried it specifically with the Villa website but it works for everything else I have tried so far.

What you do is register with your usual Gmail address but add a plus sign, and then some characters, so something like :-

Regular Address : cosmicvillan@gmail.com

Alias Address  1  : cosmicvillan+child1@gmail.com

Alias Address 2 : cosmicvillan+child2@gmail.com

The site should pick it up as a unique email address but any emails automatically come back into cosmicvillan@gmail.com

• Like 1

Renewed my season ticket and trying to get into that ballet was probably the biggest ballache of my entire life. Linking your old account to a new membership account - WHY!!!!

Never worked, wouldn't work, not a thing I could do to fix it, just keep freezing, timing out, crashing, updating the page but not linking. Utter horseshite that website is.

• Like 1

I sent an e-mail to the membership help and the response is below just in case it is of assistance to anyone (particularly bit in bold)

Thanks for contacting membership services. Unfortunately the new membership system requires a unique email address for each digital membership that is then linked to that person's Fan ID. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If the person you are buying for does not have their own email address, we suggest using another one of your own if you have multiple. For example some people have a Hotmail and a Gmail account. Alternatively another work around if you do have a Gmail account is you can use both examplename@Gmail.com and examplename@Googlemail.com and the system will recognise these as unique email addresses yet send any emails to the same inbox. 

Once you log into the members area with your digital membership you will be prompted on screen to follow the steps to link your digital membership to your Fan ID, or in the case of fans who do not have one you will be taken through the steps to create a Fan ID. If you have any problems with this please do not hesitate to call us via the following.

Phone: 03333449483 

Please note some problems may need to be resolved by the ticket office.

For those with kids/doing multiple memberships using incognito mode helped a bit for me. I also had it crash during ticket ID link once but seemed to go through.

God knows if it's all ok though. Will prob end up emailing the ticket office at one point.

Thx to who suggested incognito above.

• Like 1

I used the contact email address and got the below back! Email address was membership.help@avfc.co.uk but apparently I’m meant to know that this isn’t actually a Villa email address. He even signs it off as AVFC. Obviously it’s outsourced but this type of reply is nonsense. Maybe the club need to reconsider the amateur outfit they are outsourcing this to. How hard would it be for him to even forward my email to the ticket office. It was a pretty standard query to be fair, or at least I thought it was! 

Thank you for getting in touch, I apologise for the delay in contact. Any issues linking the FanID's and the digital memberships accounts would need to be raised with Aston Villa directly as we do not have access to any internal systems here. The best step in resolving your issue would be to contact the ticket office on the basis that they dealt with any previous FanID issues and the old membership platforms, in addition to this they are an inhouse contact team for AVFC.

Please feel free to get back in touch should you have any further issues or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Jake
AVFC Membership Services. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Tickets go on sale for the Newcastle game for members this Friday - does anyone know what time this will be at? Can't find anything on the website (predictably)

IMG-20210717-WA0004.jpg

This came around quickly! You love to see it.

In answer to your question, no clue. I'd encourage you to click on the "contact us" link on the Villa website, but the link is broken, (predictably).

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2021 at 04:08, icouldtelltheworld said:

Tickets go on sale for the Newcastle game for members this Friday - does anyone know what time this will be at? Can't find anything on the website (predictably)

IMG-20210717-WA0004.jpg

Was this an official club release do you know? Still no Newcastle tickets on sale.