Claret Membership 2021/2

icouldtelltheworld

Signed up 15th July. So far received Cub, still waiting on Claret and Little Villans packs. 
As has already been said here, considering how well the club appears to be ran now in many areas, the entire membership process, from signing up, and activating memberships for kids etc is appalling. Hopefully the club improve this area in the future. 

• Like 1

Still no sign of my kids packs.

I have though had numerous e-mails telling me to activate one of my memberships even though I've already bought tickets on each of them.

Oh and I've had an e-mail trying to sell me a membership.

So I decided to ring them and select option 2 as the e-mail said, only option 2 no longer goes to anyone about membership not that they ever answered anyway.

Absolutely incompetent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I have though had numerous e-mails telling me to activate one of my memberships even though I've already bought tickets on each of them.

So I decided to ring them and select option 2 as the e-mail said, only option 2 no longer goes to anyone about membership not that they ever answered anyway.

Absolutely incompetent.

Same situation. Been trying to activate for 2 months but doesn’t work.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Absolutely incompetent.

I did manage to speak to someone on the phone. Even though you got tickets for Brentford or Newcastle (as did I) the memberships weren’t active they opened it up for everyone (effectively) because of the problems with the system. 

On mine it wouldn’t let me activate the kids as it had the wrong DOB on the form. It wouldn’t let me change the DOB but they could over the phone so it worked. Basically if anything on the form doesn’t match the details they have it won’t work. Anyway they managed to sort it over the phone and both my kids got activated. 

until I got another email telling me to activate their accounts!!!!!!!! 😂

I then wrote a very strongly worded email to memberships email address outlining every step of the farce and it appears to have been sorted now as they are showing as activated on the Villa website. 

An amazing system they’ve designed there genuinely think a dyslexic goat could have done a better job. 

I assume we outsourced it to the lowest bidder.

As much progress as we've made on the playing side since the new owners took over, the rest of the club still looks like a shambles, at least on the consumer-facing side. Years after years of shite efforts on the OS. Year after year of shit levels of inventory. Whenever I try and buy something I come away thinking that there is absolutely no chance I'd give my money to another company that's this incompetent and makes it so hard to use their services. If they didn't have the football fan loyalty keeping people coming back, there's no chance a business run like this stays afloat in a sector with real competition.

• Like 2

The activiating of the memberships is one of the reasons/excuses that was given to me when I was querying where my daughter's membership was.

Surely paying for the membership should be the trigger point for them to send the membership pack out - not some further activation process that seems to cause problems/delays.

On 31/08/2021 at 22:10, ender4 said:

I had an email saying they were going on sale a week ago… 😂

Then another email saying they weren’t going on sale after all 🤦‍♂️

So maybe they will go on sale one random day before the match.

on sale from Monday

12 hours ago, villaglint said:

I did manage to speak to someone on the phone. Even though you got tickets for Brentford or Newcastle (as did I) the memberships weren’t active they opened it up for everyone (effectively) because of the problems with the system. 

On mine it wouldn’t let me activate the kids as it had the wrong DOB on the form. It wouldn’t let me change the DOB but they could over the phone so it worked. Basically if anything on the form doesn’t match the details they have it won’t work. Anyway they managed to sort it over the phone and both my kids got activated. 

until I got another email telling me to activate their accounts!!!!!!!! 😂

I then wrote a very strongly worded email to memberships email address outlining every step of the farce and it appears to have been sorted now as they are showing as activated on the Villa website. 

An amazing system they’ve designed there genuinely think a dyslexic goat could have done a better job. 

So how do you actually activate them????

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Tried numerous times, can never get through.

Yeah took me four goes and then got lucky. Last time I aimed for a time when nowt else was on sale to avoid certain criteria calling for tickets. 

It’s well beyond a farce.

Carrier pigeon maybe? 

Right, I'm about to launch my phone/tablet/head through a window. I'm stuck in an endless loop trying to link my lads membership to the ticketing page. His digital membership is up and running, we can log in under his name (using his mom's email address because I'd already used mine), his fan ID shows up, but for the life of me I cannot see where to link his ID to the ticketing page. Finally got through on the phone after days of trying, spoke to some lovely, helpful Scouse girl (seems it's a national call centre, not anyone affiliated with the Villa), she logged in for me, and told me it was all up and ready for him to link his ID. Guess what? It aint, back in the endless loop. The screenshot on the website showing you where to enter the fan ID does not appear on my browser. I'd swear it was me being thick, but after hearing others having had trouble I just dont know. In the meantime, Everton tickets are selling out fast and at this rate we'll be taking a punt when they go on general sale. 

3 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Right, I'm about to launch my phone/tablet/head through a window. I'm stuck in an endless loop trying to link my lads membership to the ticketing page. His digital membership is up and running, we can log in under his name (using his mom's email address because I'd already used mine), his fan ID shows up, but for the life of me I cannot see where to link his ID to the ticketing page. Finally got through on the phone after days of trying, spoke to some lovely, helpful Scouse girl (seems it's a national call centre, not anyone affiliated with the Villa), she logged in for me, and told me it was all up and ready for him to link his ID. Guess what? It aint, back in the endless loop. The screenshot on the website showing you where to enter the fan ID does not appear on my browser. I'd swear it was me being thick, but after hearing others having had trouble I just dont know. In the meantime, Everton tickets are selling out fast and at this rate we'll be taking a punt when they go on general sale. 

Don’t click link fan Id. Just click on tickets and see if it lets you buy some. I kept going through the endless loop until I realised the account was already linked. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t click link fan Id. Just click on tickets and see if it lets you buy some. I kept going through the endless loop until I realised the account was already linked. 

Just tried that mate, keeps saying 'the number of tickets exceeds his allocation'. Can even see all of our booking history from pre-covid, he went to 10 games that season.  Cheers for the reply though👍

1 minute ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Just tried that mate, keeps saying 'the number of tickets exceeds his allocation'. Can even see all of our booking history from pre-covid, he went to 10 games that season.  Cheers for the reply though👍

The fact it’s letting you get that far though sounds like it’s linked. 

Very frustrating indeed. Hope you get it sorted mate.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The fact it’s letting you get that far though sounds like it’s linked. 

Very frustrating indeed. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Yeah it's weird, If I log in under my name and try to allocate him a ticket, I get that message, If I log in under his it says 'on sale soon', like he's got to wait for general sale, even though his membership number is showing. God knows.

Cheers again

• Like 1

How many are you trying to buy?

When you have the seats click the little edit button and assign each seat to a different fan ID.

I had similar issue and by chance stumbled on that.

Sorry if I'm repeating things you've already done... I've finally worked the process out and hoped I could help.

Edited by Nickel

4 hours ago, Pongo's Socks said:

I was getting that same issue when the Fan ID was linked to the Digital account, but the claret membership for my son wasn't linked to the Fan ID.

If you go into the Digital ID account, there is a section where it should show the Claret membership with an expiry date on that Fan ID.  If that isn't showing, you will need to call them again, but this time you need to explain that your claret membership isn't showing on that Fan ID.    and might as well just buy the ticket on the phone at the same time!

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I was getting that same issue when the Fan ID was linked to the Digital account, but the claret membership for my son wasn't linked to the Fan ID.

If you go into the Digital ID account, there is a section where it should show the Claret membership with an expiry date on that Fan ID.  If that isn't showing, you will need to call them again, but this time you need to explain that your claret membership isn't showing on that Fan ID.    and might as well just buy the ticket on the phone at the same time!

To clarify that slightly further, log into your own Digital account.

Click on the 3 bars under the icon of a person in the top right. If 3 bars doesn't show, click on "membership" to the left of the person icon.   Then click the 3 bars.

A pop up will appear on the left.  Click on "my account".

Now it will show your personal details and just underneath your claret ID. 

Under that it should show your son's details with "cubs -option 1 membership".   If it does, then everything is fully set up and you should be able to buy tickets for your son.

If it doesn't, then follow the same process as above, but this time log in with your son's login details and see if the Cub membership shows there.  If it shows there, then everything is linked for your son, but you are not set up as group to be able to buy tickets for your son.

If it doesn't show there, then the membership definitely isn't linked to the Fan ID.