Claret Membership 2021/2

icouldtelltheworld

6 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I go to 99% of games alone I kinda prefer it that way tbh.

Were they actually doing membership cards last year as no one could attend games? My Membership card says it expires in 2022 but i thought it was a yearly thing? I am so confused 

My card also says expires 08 22 but my 19/20 membership had expired.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Exact same mate. And it won't let me purchase the Pride Membership as a result. 

You have to log out once you’re done and  then back in again. Then you’ll be linked and good to go. 
Took me about four goes around before I worked it out. 

When I try and buy my 9 year old son a Cubs membership it asks for an email address, I input mine and it tells me I’m using it for a different membership (mine). I try and leave it blank, it tells me I need to input an email address for him. He’s 9, he doesn’t have his own! Any ideas? Can’t seem to get past this to buy us memberships.

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

When I try and buy my 9 year old son a Cubs membership it asks for an email address, I input mine and it tells me I’m using it for a different membership (mine). I try and leave it blank, it tells me I need to input an email address for him. He’s 9, he doesn’t have his own! Any ideas? Can’t seem to get past this to buy us memberships.

You didn’t get the option to buy one for someone else? Or is that how it goes when you do?

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Had a similar problem when setting up my daughter's membership but just linked it to a different e-mail account.

Otherwise there are ways you can get in contact with them to help (e-mail/phone/twitter - although not tried any of them!)

Certainly isn't a simple process as it could be but all sorted now!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, choffer said:

You didn’t get the option to buy one for someone else? Or is that how it goes when you do?

Yes, so I added my membership to basket with my details then clicked on add another, picked cub membership for son then can’t get past there due to email address issue.

Haven’t tried purchasing individually yet, seems a big faff and they still might say the same thing. 

2 hours ago, choffer said:

You have to log out once you’re done and  then back in again. Then you’ll be linked and good to go. 
Took me about four goes around before I worked it out. 

Thanks for this mate, saved the day.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

This is a problem I mentioned at the last supporters consultancy meeting - when the club moved to the single sign in model with the same password and detail on all of the Villa sites, they moved from having the fan ID number as the key indicator to email address and in doing so they meant it was no longer possible to have a shared email address, which makes it difficult when you're registering kids as members. 

For me, my nephew was set up using my email address, so he can no longer log in at all.

It's something the club are aware of, but the solution will be to create an email address for him (and perhaps set up a forwarding rule so that those emails come to your inbox).

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is a problem I mentioned at the last supporters consultancy meeting - when the club moved to the single sign in model with the same password and detail on all of the Villa sites, they moved from having the fan ID number as the key indicator to email address and in doing so they meant it was no longer possible to have a shared email address, which makes it difficult when you're registering kids as members. 

For me, my nephew was set up using my email address, so he can no longer log in at all.

It's something the club are aware of, but the solution will be to create an email address for him (and perhaps set up a forwarding rule so that those emails come to your inbox).

That seems pretty ridiculous when your fan IDs are linked as family members. But thanks for your reply. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That seems pretty ridiculous when your fan IDs are linked as family members. But thanks for your reply. 

Makes you wonder how many people involved in the setup of this system have actually used it.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I had the same thing when trying to get tickets for my 4 and 8 year olds at edgbaston cricket recently. Said I couldn't proceed with the booking until I provided an email address for each of them, which couldn't be mine. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

It’s a pretty awful system. And not family friendly at all. Set up membership for my two young boys, got around the silly email rule by using + and their name on my gmail address but no matter how many times I try to “link their fan ID” it just loops and loops and doesn’t work. They are too young to have ever been before so had to set up new fan ID for both but no matter what I do I can’t get back to the page where you enter the Fan ID number to link it. Almost regret buying them a membership now! (Well I say them, it’s really for me to start subliminally pointing them towards villa at a young age by getting the birthday card and Christmas card from the club for them!)

Any tips on getting out of the endless loop would be much appreciated! 

27 minutes ago, DublinVilla said:

It’s a pretty awful system. And not family friendly at all. Set up membership for my two young boys, got around the silly email rule by using + and their name on my gmail address but no matter how many times I try to “link their fan ID” it just loops and loops and doesn’t work. They are too young to have ever been before so had to set up new fan ID for both but no matter what I do I can’t get back to the page where you enter the Fan ID number to link it. Almost regret buying them a membership now! (Well I say them, it’s really for me to start subliminally pointing them towards villa at a young age by getting the birthday card and Christmas card from the club for them!)

Any tips on getting out of the endless loop would be much appreciated! 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/All-new-Aston-Villa-membership-is-here/

Could potentially try:

Membership services team

Our new membership services team are available to answer any questions you may have.

Simply call the ticket office phone number (0333 323 1874) and select option 2, email the team (membership.help@avfc.co.uk), or even better, use the new chat facility on the membership section of our website.

OR

https://www.avfc.co.uk/fans/digital-membership/link-ticketing-account/

If You are having issues linking your ticketing account to your digital membership please get in contact.

Twitter: @AVFCSupport

tickets@avfc.co.uk

It's a pain but will probably be worth it in the end!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thanks for that, sent them off an email so hopefully they can sort it. A family membership option would make things like this so much easier. Thanks again 

The official AVFC website might be the single worst website I have ever had the displeasure of using! It took me ages before I'd manage to renew my membership and link my account and what not! Absolute dog shit!

Im stuck in an endless loop of asking me for my fan id on desktop, but it works on my phone. Then some of the buy membership links just say details to be released soon. Going to clear cache- but this system is really user unfriendly. 

You know its bad when they have to produce step by step guides.

Now reading the above Im worried about my daughters ID on my email...

1 minute ago, maxjackle said:

Im stuck in an endless loop of asking me for my fan id on desktop, but it works on my phone. Then some of the buy membership links just say details to be released soon. Going to clear cache- but this system is really user unfriendly. 

You know its bad when they have to produce step by step guides.

Now reading the above Im worried about my daughters ID on my email...

I think the 'link fan ID' link on the website stays there regardless, because it kept showing up for me too. But when I go into my account details it shows the fan ID. I was still able to purchase my ST so should be fine. 

On 15/07/2021 at 22:30, Brumstopdogs said:

Thanks for this! I've been stuck in a dead end of being asked to update my contact details before I can do anything on my account, but the save button is greyed out. I couldn't find the right contact email for the life of me.

• Thanks 1