Ajani Burchall

villan-scott

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Aston Villa is pleased to announce Ajani Burchall has signed a professional contract with the club.

The winger, 17, joined the Academy from AFC Bournemouth in July, having become the third-youngest player to make a senior debut for the Cherries when he appeared as a substitute against Huddersfield Town last season.

Academy manager Mark Harrison said: “We are delighted to see Ajani sign his first professional contract after joining us in the summer.

“We feel he has a lot of potential which, with a lot of hard work, he will hopefully fulfil.

“We look forward to seeing how he develops.”

Congratulations, Ajani!

OS

Wow 17 is very young for a manager ☺️

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Good to see him back from injury yesterday against Crystal Palace, other than a brief ten minute appearance against Leicester in the FA Youth Cup, he hadn't played since September. Three goals and three assists in his first four games before picking up and injury and missing most of the season up until now.

He's probably one of the first year scholars that we would have been expecting to be with the U23s by now similar to Feeney and Barber, hopefully can stay fit and should be a big year for him next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

He's out for the season after an operation, that's basically both scholarship years that he's missed now, albeit he stopped being a scholar when he turned seventeen. Big shame to say the least, and the bad luck of our academy with injuries continues.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

He's out for the season after an operation, that's basically both scholarship years that he's missed now, albeit he stopped being a scholar when he turned seventeen. Big shame to say the least, and the bad luck of our academy with injuries continues.

What was the operation for?

That’s a shame, I thought I hadn’t heard him mentioned much. He was highly regarded when we signed him up. He hasn’t had the best of luck with injuries by the sounds of it.

Same as that lad we nabbed from Norwich (Shakpoke I think?), he as also been permanently injured since he arrived. 

13 minutes ago, NeilS said:

That’s a shame, I thought I hadn’t heard him mentioned much. He was highly regarded when we signed him up. He hasn’t had the best of luck with injuries by the sounds of it.

Same as that lad we nabbed from Norwich (Shakpoke I think?), he as also been permanently injured since he arrived. 

Its a shame indeed! Thats Shakpore(He might be back now), Bogarde and Burchall now with long term injures

Sad news, i trust the club and academy will do well and stick with them to help them get through this tough time and rehabilitate them. Being young aswell you would hope the club would try to really rally round them as this is something they might not all have faced before

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Â