Ajani Burchall

villan-scott

1 hour ago, sne said:

Once they are 18 it's much easier than before thou. Man C has already signed 4 players from South America this summer who are 18

Yeah, that's right - a lot of credit in the 'points based system' for the level of league they made their debut in, and the Brazilian, Argentinian and Mexican leagues are worth more points than a lot of European leagues.

My guess in January when the rules came in was that they would lead to an arms race with teams in other European top leagues trying to get talent into their academies before they turn 18 so that English teams can't compete with them; I don't know how accurate that has proven yet, haven't read enough about it.

20 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

What's the limit on youngsters these days? Didn't Chelsea get an transfer embargo because of it? 

Super exciting prospect. How do we bed all of these youngsters. 

er excuse me.lol

• 2 weeks later...

“He started in the FA Youth Cup against Exeter City and was probably the best player on the pitch in the first half. He got plaudits and interest from the scouts watching and we were thinking in the back of our minds about people possibly knocking on our door.

“Ajani then also had the opportunity to play for the first team, that was fantastic and raised his profile again and prompted interest for other clubs.

“We had a number of enquiries from established clubs, and again we sat down with the parents – already having that offer on the table here for Ajani to move forward from a scholarship into a professional contract. The same story unfolded, the parents being keen for him to explore what they saw as a high-level programme.

“Aston Villa came in for him and we looked at the most appropriate pathway for the player and the club. I have to recognise the financial support AFC Bournemouth gives our academy and at some point there needs to be a benefit for the club and the player.

“We felt that the offer we were going to receive from Villa was an appropriate one, with extended offers beyond his scholarship, they dealt with the process extremely well and were respectful with their offer.

afcbc

Edited by useless

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

All the over the web that he has. Just one post saying the deal has been cancelled........

Who to believe ?

Could you not tell the sarcasm? I was making a joke because the guy who said welcome to the club always gets it wrong. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Could you not tell the sarcasm? I was making a joke because the guy who said welcome to the club always gets it wrong. 

No it went over my head. Apologies 😉

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That watch. 

When he signs his name, people on the other side of the training ground move. 

Have to say, the gold really pops when put next to the deep claret of the training top. 

I saw him play on YouTube for Bournemouth u18s in the Fa Youth Cup, first half he looked amazing. He was beating them almost on his own, second half he dropped off, got a bit tired I think. You could tell he had a lot of talent but he’s quite small for his age

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw him play on YouTube for Bournemouth u18s in the Fa Youth Cup, first half he looked amazing. He was beating them almost on his own, second half he dropped off, got a bit tired I think. You could tell he had a lot of talent but he’s quite small for his age

Thats the most downbeat assessment I have ever seen for SGC !  - Ajani out ! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â