Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

59 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Do any other international fans who have made the trek to England have any experience trying to get away tickets? I know they’re very tough to get for locals, but was wondering if the club set any aside for people like myself going over.

I think you need to try your overseas supporters club. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This is the answer

It was reduced even pre corona but each lions club used to have an allocation for buying home tickets before they go on general sale, check to see if that's still a thing 

Either contact / join your local lions club or speak to various good American lions club chairmen who will point you in the right direction

Pretty much all of them are on social media, there's a directory for all of the lions club details on the main villa website 

@MNVillan how are you getting on with stuff to see in London? I can give some recommendations if you're still looking.

If you'll be hiring a car there are lots of nice rural places that are worth a visit. I will caveat that with the fact my American inlaws hated driving on our roads so much they gave up by day two. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 01:41, MNVillan said:

To anybody who has gotten a tattoo… Mrs MN Villan and I want to each get one to commemorate our trip. Where should we go to support local and not worry about a Bloser doing it?

Depends what you want and in what style. I’m not familiar with studios in Birmingham but could probably point you in the direction of a few in London. 

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

official lions clubs have the opportunity to apply for tickets for most games. it's your best bet.

aside from that really it's villatalk/twitter for any spares.

To anybody who has gotten a tattoo… Mrs MN Villan and I want to each get one to commemorate our trip. Where should we go to support local and not worry about a Bloser doing it?

I can recommend a few artists, problem you'll have is getting a reliable one at short notice. Most of the good ones are booked for best part of 12 months

Dados Erdington

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

This is the answer

It was reduced even pre corona but each lions club used to have an allocation for buying home tickets before they go on general sale, check to see if that's still a thing 

Either contact / join your local lions club or speak to various good American lions club chairmen who will point you in the right direction

Pretty much all of them are on social media, there's a directory for all of the lions club details on the main villa website 

I’m an Minnesota Lions club member, and we have the home tickets sorted.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

@MNVillan how are you getting on with stuff to see in London? I can give some recommendations if you're still looking.

If you'll be hiring a car there are lots of nice rural places that are worth a visit. I will caveat that with the fact my American inlaws hated driving on our roads so much they gave up by day two. 

I’m not even going to try driving. Very open to recommendations though.

48 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

I’m not even going to try driving. Very open to recommendations though.

Ok, cool. I'll have a flick back tomorrow to see what has already been suggested and try to think of some different stuff.

57 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

I’m an Minnesota Lions club member, and we have the home tickets sorted.

You could see if there is a Minnesota fan club for Palace and see if they can do anything to help.  They might take pity, or tell you to piss off.  But don't ask don't get. 

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I’m so ******* excited. Told Mrs MNVillan I think I’m going to cry when I walk into VP

I've done that walking away from Villa Park on more times than I can rememer. 

• Haha 3

On 04/07/2021 at 09:52, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whisky Session and home cooked Punjabi food at mine ;)   

Also as other have done I recommend the Black Country museum for something quite unique. 

I’m always down for whiskey

• Like 1

Â