Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

16 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Anyway, my ratings from last night. 

Pickford: 5. A liability. Surely we have better goalkeepers?
Walker: 7. Great pace and didn't do a lot wrong
Stones: 6. Didn't have a lot to do
Maguire: 6. See above
Shaw: 7. Nowhere near as good without Grealish to link with
Phillips: 6. Got caught in possession a lot. Isn't great against a high press team
Rice: 5. Passed forward once all game
Mount: 6. Anonymous
Saka: 7. Adventurous
Kane: 7. Better
Sterling: 8. Terrified them

Grealish: 7. Couldn't get into it. No surprise being brought on at 70 minutes every time. At least made England more positive going forward
Foden: 6. Touched the ball a couple of times
Trippier: ? Absolutely no idea

Shaw was sensational , with or without Jack.

Mason Mount was crap last night, his famous pressing won nearly nothing and was him slowly walking to a Dane who passed around him

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Zatman said:

Mason Mount was crap last night, his fanous pressing won nearly nothing and was him slowly walking to a Dane who passed around him

Yeah, doesn’t seem to really offer much in defence of attack. 

17 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Phillips: 6. Got caught in possession a lot. Isn't great against a high press team

Grealish: 7. Couldn't get into it. No surprise being brought on at 70 minutes every time. At least made England more positive going forward

Pretty much how I saw it. Deserved to win. 

As disappointed as I was yesterday with the manner of the defeat (never a pen imo) I'm a little less flustered today. I really wanted Denmark to make it to the finals (biased af I know...) and thought that the game was pretty even, but in fairness England edged it slightly over the 90 so probably deserved it. Still think that dives like these ruin the game a bit and it's a cheap way of winning a game for me. We hate it when Man Utd does it and give them grief for it so I don't see it as any different here.

In any case, good luck to England in the finals...

...but go Italy! :D

19 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Would swap Rice and Phillips rating, Rice was better off the 2 last night

• Like 2

Walker would get an 8 from me. He turned a lot of potentially sticky situations into comfortable ones with his excellent covering. He was also quite progressive with the ball. 

Pickford though absolutely shat the bed. Lost his head and never recovered it. Italy have the best keeper in the tournament, the contrast in the final between those two will be quite stark.

Thought Walker was very good last night. Couple of times he had to cover when the centre backs were out of position and his pace helped get us out of some sticky situations.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Edited by Jono62
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Walker would get an 8 from me. He turned a lot of potentially sticky situations into comfortable ones with his excellent covering. He was also quite progressive with the ball. 

Excellent pace not excellent covering

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Pickford though absolutely shat the bed. Lost his head and never recovered it. Italy have the best keeper in the tournament, the contrast in the final between those two will be quite stark.

Walker was so fast covering back, I think he surprised the Danish players. he could give them a 5 yard head start and still beat them to the ball. His best performance so far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

My ratings last night.

Pickford - Passing very dodgy, missed an out ball like Jack.

Walker - great recovery runs,  always switched on, turned into a proper defenders' defender. Missed Jack's ability though on the diag.

Stones - never troubled, didn't notice him which is the best kind of Stones. Without Jack though I thought he missed a step with his forward passing. Very quiet

Maguire - MOTM man mountain, and stepped out and stepped onto his man when he had to,  player of the tournnament for me. Missed Jack though.

Shaw - brilliant defender, brilliant engaging, covered in the middle of the pitch when he had to pressed high, won the ball back, used the ball briliantly. Missed Jack holding the ball for his overlaps though.

Rice - Johnny on the spot, everytime needs one, struggled to play the ball between the lines, and quickly on the half turn out wide. Struggled without Jack being a short option.

Phillips - Longer the game goes on the better he is. Second in the player of the tournament for me. Without Jack though was trying a bit too much to force it final third.

Mount- Invisble. Not Jack.

Sterling - absolutely brilliant.

Saka - livewire, nuisance, fearless, driving, always turning, always running, always on the front foot. Love him. Missed someone to bounce off at times to focus on his off the ball runs. Like Jack.

Kane - missed Jack's crossing ability.

So, who is this Jack you keep mentioning?

Yeah Right Reaction GIF by Bounce

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Everyone complaining about the dive, Denmark should never have had the free kick they scored from either. 

Which one? 

The one where mounts arm brushed against the guys face and we went down like he was shot

Or the one where an arm around Christiansens stomach made his knees give way

Both were soft and involved play acting 

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Everyone complaining about the dive, Denmark should never have had the free kick they scored from either. 

From memory, Shaw(?) was pulling someone’s shirt in a tussle. Seemed like a free kick at the time. 

Â