Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

But lose to Denmark 

And he perfectly sums up why England haven't won anything since 66. He was part of the "golden generation' that failed and bottled it time after time. Yet still has such amazing levels of arrogance. Baffling to me the peanut headed **** Knuckle.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Turned over to ITV to see the pens that I missed and there is Nicole Scherzinger talking to Andy Townsend

Which one was keeping and which one was shooting?

• Haha 1

Tonight was an interesting game, one of the first tactical cagey games in the tournament. Spain probably better team in play but you need win these games to win trophies 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hopefully that took alot out of Italy. Looked knackered towards the end to be fair.

They did and I think if we can make it to the final.it will give us a bit of an edge due to Italy playing two lots of Extra time in this tournament so far.

Fair play to the Italians though, I'm glad they won.

• Like 1

A really good 90 minutes and scrappy extra time in which Italy played for the penalties. Spain probably deserved to win the match but you knew Italy would win the pens.

Going to be a hard team to beat for either England or Denmark. 33 games unbeaten says it all.

I think it's bizarre that one semi finalist gets 24 hours longer to recover in such a compressed tournament. The semis should really either be on the same day, or there should be at least a week between semis and finals. 

Really good semi final though, one of the better games in the tournament. 

• Like 1

That was the best game I’ve seen so far, two really good teams going for it. Spain’s passing was generally outstanding, incisive and perfectly weighted, they were the better team. Italy are so good on the counter though. Whoever wins tonight will have their work cut out in the final, despite what Ferdinand says, Italy will be favourites. 

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Kinda **** hate Donnarumma right now for leaving milan, but he's a great keeper.

I was watching that thinking he’s an accident waiting to happen. 
Takes up very unusual starting positions for crosses and certainly has a mistake in him.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Takes up very unusual starting positions for crosses and certainly has a mistake in him.

I thought his positioning was all wrong for the Morata goal, last night. He ran back too much. Morata slid it into an almost empty net. 

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I thought his positioning was all wrong for the Morata goal, last night. He ran back too much. Morata slid it into an almost empty net. 

For a couple of corners he starts way off his line, then attempts to come, then decides he can’t get there and ends up in no mans land.

Thiago tried to catch him out with a late free kick as he was miles away from his goal. 

His playing it out to team mates is exceptional though. Pinging passes 40/50/60 yards to feet (he almost got caught with the ball at his feet for too long  a couple of times too). 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

That was the best game I’ve seen so far, two really good teams going for it. Spain’s passing was generally outstanding, incisive and perfectly weighted, they were the better team. Italy are so good on the counter though. Whoever wins tonight will have their work cut out in the final, despite what Ferdinand says, Italy will be favourites. 

With the way Gareth sets us up we'll be pretty well equipped to stifle the counter tbf.  Unless Raheem plays them through on goal that is.

A mate told me the Italians have flown home already, that's weird, would have thought they'd be set up at one of the london clubs facilities 

Edit - I spose pre season training has started so they can't... 

Edited by villa4europe

After watching every game in the tournament I think England would have struggled more against Spain than Italy. This is because of how Spain deprive you of the ball.

They dominated Italy last night even though Italy came back in to it especially on the counter.

I think England have a better chance against Italy because they won't control the ball like Spain do. Italy might have more possession than England but not like Spain would have.

Spain like Germany are lacking a top class striker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

He lost his head after the goal, he was fine before that. For someone his age he is incredible 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A mate told me the Italians have flown home already, that's weird, would have thought they'd be set up at one of the london clubs facilities 

Edit - I spose pre season training has started so they can't... 

They have kept the same base the entire tournament 

Â