Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Dean Smith would win two of the next three major tournaments with England. (And he's got plenty of minor problems as a manager.)

Have a go at teams with this lot and we'll obliterate everyone.

This 100% pal, use Southgate to run the camp and PR and all that crap, like a gofer and get a coach that is not strategically challenge like the big nosed twaat

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Dean Smith would win two of the next three major tournaments with England. (And he's got plenty of minor problems as a manager.)

Have a go at teams with this lot and we'll obliterate everyone.

Although he wouldn’t do it, I’d love to see Brendan Rodgers have a go at the job.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Still can’t get my head around why Rashford went to the Euro’s. There were so many players ahead of him in the pecking order. Some of them, like Sancho and Grealish, barely played themselves.

JWP should have gone to give us more options in midfield and on set pieces.

But tonight was all about Southgate picking his favourites. Mount and Henderson especially, but Sterling was **** after 75 minutes and there was really no striker to bring on.

This tournament should be used as an example of how not to pick a balanced squad.

This, I’ve doubted tactics and selection so far but when you are winning it justifies the choices whether you agree with them or not.

Mismanaged tonight (as we wee other games) but tonight it counted. Saka sub wrong, decisions to defend after the goal wrong, pen takers wrong.

I don’t think he is the right man for the job but ultimately not the right man to get the best out of these players. I also don’t know who is so he could be the best we have 

Some of the videos of the aftermath of the game from England fans are absolutely disgusting.  I truly hope that Saka, Sancho, and Rashford watch and take care of themselves for the the foreseeable future.  Absolute scumbags the ones going after them and just fighting over a result period. Just a shame that these people are giving English fans the world over a bad reputation, really hate that for the respectable England fans on here and around the world.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

That defeat lies solely on the shoulders of Gareth Southgate. 
There was no need to start with a back five, that worked against Germany as we matched them, we didn’t need to against Italy. 
If, you were going to go a five at the back, you stick to having pace and width. I’m that formation you start Saka or Sancho over Mount. 
We got a great early goal, and then looked comfortable 1st half without anymore creation.

Second half, we all knew sitting back was the wrong option, but what did Southgate do? Get us to sit back. We couldn’t get possession, and we’re crying out for Jack to come and and gain back control, but he didn’t bring him on. 
Once Italy scored one, I genuinely thought they would get a second. Pundits after said lessons need to be learnt, but this game was identical in the way it played out to Croatia in the World Cup, still no lessons learnt. 
Then you bring in 2 subs, to take penalties with them barely getting a touch of the ball (not sure Sancho even did). 
Then choosing a 19 yr old to take the lay pen. Shocking management. 
I feel sorry for Saka, Sancho and Rashford. 

Just got in from watching out in the pub I am sure all of us can see the paralles between Villa and Bruce and Southgate and England great we are happy when winning but eventually like the Fulham playoff final as with England you defend first and hope your attackers do the business fails when you come across proper opposition!

A huge missed opportunity for this team let's hope we get a progressive manager in charge of the national team NOT DEAN SMITH!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still can’t get my head around why Rashford went to the Euro’s. There were so many players ahead of him in the pecking order. Some of them, like Sancho and Grealish, barely played themselves.

JWP should have gone to give us more options in midfield and on set pieces.

But tonight was all about Southgate picking his favourites. Mount and Henderson especially, but Sterling was **** after 75 minutes and there was really no striker to bring on.

This tournament should be used as an example of how not to pick a balanced squad.

Absolutely.

Sterling was being celebrated throughout. I'm sorry he did not play "well" at all. He was on the end of three tap-ins and a was pretty good v Denmark. He should have been behind Grealish, Sancho, Foden and Saka, and that's not hindsight, that's the form they were in.

No chance Rashford should have gone at all. 

Why was Pickford in goal? Ah. Because he's a favourite.

It doesn't matter, Southgate is staying until at least 2024 euros.

What I will say is he's got a brain and will hopefully learn from this. You can't plan to win a tournament by defending, it's too risky. Plus, it's plainly fecking stupid when you've got the ungodly attacking talent England do.

It wouldn't take much to get us to win the world cup. We can do it if Southgate takes the handbrake off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Some of the videos of the aftermath of the game from England fans are absolutely disgusting.  I truly hope that Saka, Sancho, and Rashford watch and take care of themselves for the the foreseeable future.  Absolute scumbags the ones going after them and just fighting over a result period. Just a shame that these people are giving English fans the world over a bad reputation, really hate that for the respectable England fans on here and around the world.

yep.

but these type of people attach themselves to any kind of well populated event.....just scumbags as you say.....then they just slip back in to society and purport to be normal people.

• Like 1

Â