Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

Southgate got everything wrong today. Think 5 at the back was a mistake. taking off Rice for Henderson and Saka instead of Grealish coming on after 70 minutes didn't work. Then bringing on rashford and Sancho at the end top take the pens didnt work either. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this puts Southgate stock at high levels and hopefully some team goes after him, as can’t be watching another tournament with his strange squad selections, crap tactic and leaving your most creative players on the bench 

I'm gutted, obviously.

We were too defensive... second half we just invited them onto us and then couldn't gain any foothold in the game after that. Had the chance to punish them in the first half when we were on top. 

Italy were the stronger team over the full 120 minutes and over the tournament. Mancini did a great job. 

I'm delighted we made a final but there are a lot of "what if's?" for me. Main one being, what if we had been bolder and more attacking?

Foden, Jack, Sancho and even Rashford, used as bit part players. Sterling overused IMO and seemingly beyond criticism nowadays. 

It was there for the taking. Home advantage in a major tournament - doesn't happen that often. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Said all along he's not good enough even after victories.  We had a easy run against no real opposition until the final, playing at home 6 out of 7 games and first serious opposition was Italy.  We scored a great goal after 2 minutes but then on the back foot for the rest of it.  With the talent in the squad that was poor.  If we had given Italy a decent game then maybe fair enough but it was the usual poor from Southgate.

Proved today that negative tactics don't work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Hopefully this puts Southgate stock at high levels and hopefully some team goes after him, as can’t be watching another tournament with his strange squad selections, crap tactic and leaving your most creative players on the bench 

Shitegate will get a new 4 year deal. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Rashford, Sancho and Saka with the penalty misses. All the racists will be out in force tonight. 

I take back what I said about how stupid your comment was,  at the time everybody was feeling sad for the players,  particularly the ones that missed the penalties and i was annoyed that somebody would bring race into it.

With the reports of the abuse coming in I've seen this morning it's hard to understand how vile some people actually are. 

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Credit to Pickford who did his best to keep it alive. Unbelievable that Southgate would have the kids take those. Southgate was this close to a knighthood and he crumbled.

Says everything about the man. A coward. No Stones? Tap in Sterling? Etc… where were they? Saka, Rashford & Sancho can hold their heads up and say they were man enough to step up and try.

Â